Speed comparison chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speed comparison chart

This scene was originally choose to be a personal test for arion , but i give it a try on vray RT, there are many aspects that can be improved.

Click image for larger version

Name:	comparison_VrayRT_10-09-11.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	494.4 KB
ID:	870115

High Resolution

- Look at right up corner , its black, on cpu ver renders ok
    - Opacity maps are not supported by gpu, on cpu yes.
    - When mix cpu & gpu opacity works
    - Result of mix cpu & gpu have more contrast, why? and also have better reflections
    - Image of production give a very black render, a bug?
    - When i save file (or don`t) and open another max keeps on loading and doesn'l load anythink and shows only the grey background. another bug?

In my case increase speed was like a 4x , but as you can see on the chart when its on mix mode tends to drecrease the speed not dramaticaly.
    For last, i did not run a mix network render because a have an ati card. Dont know what could happen there (cool)

If you want Vlado, i can send you the scene files on my ftp.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Arch Pedro A. Solano
    "Save the irradiance map, save the render"
    Vray 3.10.03|3DMax 2011 x64|Intel Core i7-2600 CPU @3.4GHz|16GB Ram|Windows 7 Ultimate SP1
    Follow us on facebook
    Visit us on PSolano

I have a question.

How did u set up Vray, ray bundle size and the other one? U see if u put too low then ur GPU will only work at lets say 50% because the other 50% will be wasted on uploading data and so on... U should get EVGA precision tool and monitor your use of GPU, and optimize each render for maximum GPU usage...

About the production render, did u turn on GI ?
    CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

Hi , dadal sorry about the late response (i've got a busy week ), i put 64,4 and 64 on gpu, because with 256 i got errors and doesn't render, i made a quick test and with 128 works fine but my pc lags, thanks for the EVGA tip, ... also I turned on GI.
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Arch Pedro A. Solano
      "Save the irradiance map, save the render"
      Vray 3.10.03|3DMax 2011 x64|Intel Core i7-2600 CPU @3.4GHz|16GB Ram|Windows 7 Ultimate SP1
      Follow us on facebook
      Visit us on PSolano

Comment

Working...
      X