Motherboard for Threadripper?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motherboard for Threadripper?

Hi all - Was just wondering if anyone could recommend a solid mobo for the Threadripper (1950x)? It seems like motherboards can kind of be their fatal flaw, but sounds like there are a few good ones out there. The Taichi looks nice\cheap but is always sold out. Any recommendations out there?

Thanks!
    Daniel

I too would like to know which board is good - and also know if any will allow you to fit 4 GPU's without fouling on the board sockets / inputs towards the bottom of the board.... It looks like all board manufacturers only think about single slot cards for the bottom slot - unless you want to crush all the cables plugged in underneath...

Comment

Do you already have a Thredripper. If yes I think that Asus ROG Zenith Extreme is good. Yes its quite more expensive then the Taichi but seams to be really solid. If I was going to build a new PC now myself I would have gone for a i9 with 44 PCI-lanes and the Asus WS X299 Sage motherboard for GPU rendering.

I've a Rampage Edition 10 which is a X99 motherboard and cables are fine on the bottom slot. Shure you have to remove the last GPU if you going to change the cables, but they are fine with a Founders Edition card over.

About the WS X299, its cheaper then the Rampage X299, but has more slots, those PLX chips I doubt a bit that they affect transfering times to GPUs before rendering starts.

Comment

Working...
      X