Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General pricing in Austria per render

Hi guys,
    I've been doing archviz for 15 years and now I need to see what next. I've been struggling basically throughout all of those 15 years. I'm from Croatia, and not really a businessman so getting work has been hard for me. I think I perfected my skills in last couple of years and I should be able to charge as much as the big guys, but let's just say what I charge I can barely afford software/hardware. My two main clients are in Austria, and I have kinda had it with low pricing. I want to suggest to them the real price of a render. I mean general exterior of a house, or interior of a living room etc.
    So I would really appreciate any input from EU companies how much should I charge per render. I feel if I google I'll get some weird quotes from companies that would be much different in real life.
    I hope you understand, and can help me.
    Thanks
    www.hrvojedesign.com

Provided you work regularly and you are offering good quality images, if your incomes don’t cover the expenses you are charging too little.
    3D Scenes, Shaders and Courses for V-ray and Corona
    NEW V-Ray 5 Metal Shader Bundle (C4D/Max): https://www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com/...ders-cinema4d/
    www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com
    @3drenderandbeyond on social media @3DRnB Twitter

Comment

I think it also depends big-time on whether you're providing the services of a technician, or you're offering more than that. For example can you offer advice that they trust in? Are they confident in your recommendations? Are you offering styling for your interiors? Do you have a 'brand' that can justify a premium price?

A technician can only charge so much and eventually the margins will become so small as one tries to compete with ever-improving technology. It's the 'added value' that you're charging a premium for on top of the images themselves.

I'm not suggesting that you're merely a technician, but it is something to keep in mind.
      James Burrell www.objektiv-j.com
      Visit my Patreon patreon.com/JamesBurrell

Comment

check out fabio's channel on youtube.
        he has multiple videos on this topic - for example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AByCG-I4kYU

Comment

I see what you guys mean. I don't offer technical input but I do offer my style and feel to the renders, and try to change those each time. Thanks for suggesting that video...and here are some of my recent renders in case anyone's interested.
          Attached Files
          www.hrvojedesign.com

Comment

I can't tell but is your website up to date? It doesn't feel like a modern website. I think fewer works, showing a clearer offering of your service, using a fresh and modern design is maybe a good idea. Squarespace is cheap and easy to use.

Comment

No, website is not...I'm literally updating it this month

So that guy said the average price of the render in EU is 1000€...but does that mean I would charge that price for the project I sent? I mean there were total of 6 renders there, 2 interiors and 4 interiors, some of which were simple. Here are the other 3 of that one. It took about 4 days with corrections. On this particular one I received a 3D model, but only rough house 3D and some terrain which I had to recreate anyway. I added the interiors, materials etc.

What would some of you charge for it? Final renders were 2k.
              Attached Files
              www.hrvojedesign.com

Comment

I'm not going to tell you what I charge, but I'm assuming he means 1000€ for each image. 1000€ for 6 is too little. Having said that it only took you 4 days which is very fast for 6 images and 6k euro over 4 days is a tidy income indeed.

I guess at this point if you're not charging 1k each image, or you're not able to, why is that? What do you need to do to 'level up' so to speak? Higher-resolution? More 'realism'? A personal style you can bring to your work? I can't comment on your business manner and how you interact with your clients, but there's that side to consider also.

But keep in mind that speed/resolution/realism will all more or less come naturally for free with better tech and resources and other people will beat you in that race to the bottom. So style/service is IMO what you should focus on, but those other qualities (speed/realism/resolution) need to be up to par to support your 'added value' (style/service).

Comment

a rendering should be about 1200-1500.- euro netto per image in Austria (if you not want to make dumping prices which is a bad thing)
                  if you do like 6 images you can make a package price like 6000.- maybe...

member you need to charge also for your skills to learn the thing before, for software, hardware, electricity, some money to live, pay taxes, insurance, healthcare, future hard and software investments, and have some security earnings on the side (for bad times like 2020).

sadly so many cant calculate and offer their way to cheap, which destroys the market in the end and helps nobody.
                  Last edited by Stefan_Laub; 12-12-2020, 06:00 AM.

Comment

looking at your images they look like about a days work each, so at 1k per day thats OK

Comment

€1000 euros a day?

Good luck with that.
                      Last edited by JezUK; 13-12-2020, 08:30 AM.
                      Jez

------------------------------------
                      3DS Max 2023.3.4 | V-Ray 6.10.08 | Phoenix FD 4.40.00 | PD Player 64 1.0.7.32 | Forest Pack Pro 8.2.2 | RailClone 6.1.3
                      Windows 11 Pro 22H2 | NVidia Drivers 535.98 (Game Drivers)

Asus X299 Sage (Bios 4001), i9-7980xe, 128Gb, 1TB m.2 OS, 2 x NVidia RTX 3090 FE
                      ---- Updated 06/09/23 -------

Comment

Thanks guys for all your input! I truly appreciate it.
                        www.hrvojedesign.com

Comment

These Prices are correct. On my side, I'm not working on a Price per view basis, but a price per area. In the end, it often ends up with the same price as price per view. What I don't like in the price per view system, is that it can take a great amount of time for 1 view and then you would loose money. I'm always explaining to customers that I build an area, and then I can shoot several views (mostly for interiors of course). I don't care, it's just rendertime as I don't do much post work. But I'm not in the architecture field so much, and I know that in architecture it's mostly a price per view. Some years ago, I worked with someone who did architectural views in France, and prices were between 900€ and 1800€ depending on the complexity of the scenery/view.
                          www.mirage-cg.com

Comment

So you say you did that entire project in 4 days, 6 images. If you had an unlimited budget, the same information, but were charging a day rate no questions asked, do you think you could have made the images look better?
                            How much better, and how many extra days would you need?

You may do well to invest in a spec project, or take an old project and make it well and truly 'yours' so that you can advertise and push a higher level of quality/service. if you're having to cut corners because you can never get the budget you need, then you'll never be able to justify asking for an appropriate budget.

Comment

Originally posted by squintnic View Post
                              so at 1k per day thats OK
                              yeah i dont know who your clients are but mine certainly arent ok with 1k per day Not every client is in the luxury property dev market.
                              e: info@adriandenne.com
                              w: www.adriandenne.com

Comment

Working...
                              X