Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sketchup / V-Ray Render-Freelancer

Hello out there,

we are a small company (around 90 employees) located in Germany (boat-yard) who needs some long-term render assistance.

Setup: we do all our Product- & Project-Design in Sketchup. Couldn't be happier. We do a LOT of product-iterations and combinations so the component feature in Sketchup, together with tags & scenes-setups is really important to us. Long story short: we have a LOT of products. A LOT! Think 600+ iterations or combinations of designs that can be used to built a given boat or platform. And in order to make sense of this immense catalogue we need to render it. The Sketchup/Vray combination is a good match (especially since there is a batch render option) but we are simply not good at rendering and we don't have the resources for it either. I will attach a couple of example of renders and real-live-products.

Most products are made out of aluminium and somehow connected to water so we often need realistic water in the renders. We also need the aluminium to look "good but not too good" because the material is a bit rugged when we are done with it and to nice renderings will make customers think they will get a spotless, scratchless, dentless product (which they will not - these are built to last boats!). Attached images will give you an idea.

You can also get more infos here (and see our lousy renderings...) https://kiebitzberg.de/werft/aluboote/

The way I can imagine this to work is to find a partner we can give a product file (complete with Scene-Setup) and let that partner do the render-setup and render the batch of products for us. We'll then get the file back because (this is the tricky part) we are often in need to UPDATE the geometry of the products based on feedback from our engineers, our customers and last but not least our production department. Hence we need to be able to modify the file by ourselves before giving them back to the partner for another render-round if the need occurs.

We also have a lot of project-work (for example a complete deluxe-houseboat) where we want to focus on design and want to give the files to the partner for render (and re-render) als the project progresses and more details become available.

Since this is more of a collaboration than a "one-of" job the most fair setup would be to bill the hours needed as well as the cpu-hours instead of a "fixed price per image" billing scheme.

Ok. So if you are interested - please pm me or reply to this post so we can get in touch.

Regards,

Florian

Attached Files

Hello
    This looks interesting to me. Though I am not working in Sketchup, there is no problem at all rendering this in 3dsmax, and it has much more possibilities in terms of rendering photorealistic things (water, materials).
    Please feel free to check my profile at https://www.linkedin.com/in/olegbudeanu/
    If you are interested - we can continue our conversation via email : oleg.budeanu@gmail.com, I'd be happy to answer any questions.
    Regards,
    Oleg.
    Available for remote work.
    My LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/olegbudeanu/

Comment

Working...
    X