Building Rendering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building Rendering

I am to busy - does anyone here, in the states, have some time?

Hi Bob

I have a project which I'm told you'd be a resource for. I'm a producer her at the agency and I'll be your contact moving forward – In addition to the ACD. Would you have time for a call this afternoon so I can get an estimate as well as put time on your schedule? I've attached a copy of the layout and a brief description of what we're looking for from you.

What we need:

The Building:
    We need to create a scene the closely resembles the building shot from our design concept, including the overall look and architecture of building, camera angle, background, lighting, etc. We actually need to create a final shot that could be stand-in for this building shot, though we can alter the shape of the building and other details somewhat. We're looking for a final shot that looks photorealistic, in the same way the work in your portfolio does (I.e the overall shot could take on a slightly "heroic" or bigger-than-life look in terms of lighting, etc., and the feel does not necessarily need to be indistinguishable from an actual photo, it just needs to look believable).

The building architecture and look itself does not need to match the source photo 100%, and in fact we may want to deliberately alter it to avoid too much overlap with the actual building, which we don't have permission to use. However, we need to get close in terms of the overall look, even if some of the details differ. Some specific thoughts:

- The overall look should be similar -- the shape of the building, the approximate color and texture, the alternating glass/stone exterior, the open roof, the "railing" on the roof

- The railing on the outside edge could be extended all the way around

- We could lose the cutout on the front face, to allow for more surface area on the roof and generally simplify the shape of the building

- The front of the building (which has a cutout halfway through) could be simplified to be flat

- We would like the keep the two-level look this has

- We need a background in this vein, e.g. a suburban-type area, that matches our shot angle – I'm imagining a photo, but if you have anything that could provide a suitable, non-distracting background that feels like a real place, it doesn't have to look quite like this. The background will largely be cropped out, you will only see some grass/trees, and we could lose the road behind the building if it's easier. All the background needs to do is make the building look like it's in an actual place.

As long as we shoot for the overall feel of the source image, we don't actually need to recreate all the details. I would encourage you to simplify as much as possible in terms of little details, as it's really all about the golf course on the roof, not the building.

The Golf Course:
    Once we have the building figured out, we need to create a fake golf course on the roof. Our mockup gets across the basic idea, but it doesn't entirely make sense (it just ends at the edge), and this version should probably be slightly more logical. However, the client likes the "fanciful/fake" look it has, so it should look somewhat over-the-top or unbelievable. Other than what's in the image, I don't have any specific requirements, other than that there should probably be a green with a hole and flag, possibly some hills, maybe a sand trap, etc. The lower level could have a golf cart, maybe a couple of golfers talking, even a table with an umbrella, more of a leisure area.

The actual look of the golf course is less important than the look of the building, which is to say you should try to mimic the building to the extent we can, but you can take plenty of liberties with the look of the golf course.
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro
Working...
X