Windows Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Update

Knocked my computer out! No, really! I updated today because the Spring update screwed things up. The last update made things a little better, so I thought I would try today's update. Nope, no SSD driver, so it wouldn't boot. I called DELL and support said that their phone is ringing off the hook. They walked me through something, which made things worst and my only recourse was to reformat.
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Oh, yeah, I had to install Windows 8.1, because that's what it came with and then I need to upgrade to Windows 10. Man, Windows 8.1 is a joke. What was Microsoft thinking? I watched a speech Balmer did after he left Microsoft. He said that he was a numbers guy, not a software guy, and he had the software guy in meetings all day. Basically, Windows 8.1 was from the grunts on the floor and management didn't have a clue what was going on. Reminds me of 100% of the places I have ever worked.
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Bobby, I don't know where you get the time to fit all this activity into 24 hours !
      Jez

------------------------------------
      3DS Max 2023.3.4 | V-Ray 6.10.08 | Phoenix FD 4.40.00 | PD Player 64 1.0.7.32 | Forest Pack Pro 8.2.2 | RailClone 6.1.3
      Windows 11 Pro 22H2 | NVidia Drivers 535.98 (Game Drivers)

Asus X299 Sage (Bios 4001), i9-7980xe, 128Gb, 1TB m.2 OS, 2 x NVidia RTX 3090 FE
      ---- Updated 06/09/23 -------

Comment

Bobby, why can't you just create a bootable usb with the Windows 10 media creation tool. Then just do a clean install from that, it will have spring update included + drivers - it will automatically use the digital win10 licence in the uefi. You'll have a working instance of Windows in 10 mins. (Of course, then the more lengthy install of production software, and installing Nvidia driver and anything Dell specific...)

Comment

DELL told me that I had to use the OEM USB drive. I am upgrading back to Windows 10 now.
          Bobby Parker
          www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
          • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Working...
          X