Project User Paths

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project User Paths

Any tips for dealing with the project folder setting that 3dsmax forces upon you? I'm having trouble with it since I'll 'save as' and it throws me off by defaulting to the scenes folder and not the folder where my .max file is located.

Do you set the project folder and customize all these aspects of the project to go into a single folder? It seems absurd that they make 19 folders that 99% of the time don't get used...
    Brendan Coyle | www.brendancoyle.com

Having just moved from 2014 to 2018, I was hit with this. According to Autodesk, its by "design"! And 2015 onwards has this "feature".

Bloody stupid as if your versioning a file, of course you want to use the same folder as where it was opened from!!

Comment

m_hinks , haha so I'm not alone -- have you found a smooth workflow around it? I suppose I could get in line and start using the project folder button... but I'll want to try and condense all the items to go into only a couple folders. But this is exactly why I never wanted to upgrade. All their enhancements put things back 2 steps from my workflow and slow me down.

Comment

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/suppo...-Explorer.html

Cause - by design!!

Bunch of "£%%£$!

Comment

I've attempted to use the 'set project' button - and I've customized/condensed the folders into 3 - but I'm finding when I switch projects the 'file / open' is still directing me back to the previous set project. Restarting the program seemed to correct it. Trying to decide if I want to keep using this or just be mindful every time I hit 'save as' to make sure I'm in the proper project folder. I find the open file dialog a lot easier to navigate between projects via the history dropdown, than I do using the project folder button, which opens up the huge project directory list and keeps jumping when a folder is opened/expanded

Comment

Working...
          X