www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Looks like it - I've just sent him a nice message, maybe he'll help out once again (I only use his plugin very sparingly, but for someone like yourself, I'm sure it's indispensable).
    Jez

------------------------------------
    3DS Max 2023.3.4 | V-Ray 6.10.08 | Phoenix FD 4.40.00 | PD Player 64 1.0.7.32 | Forest Pack Pro 8.2.2 | RailClone 6.1.3
    Windows 11 Pro 22H2 | NVidia Drivers 535.98 (Game Drivers)

Asus X299 Sage (Bios 4001), i9-7980xe, 128Gb, 1TB m.2 OS, 2 x NVidia RTX 3090 FE
    ---- Updated 06/09/23 -------

Comment

Yes, instead of complaining people don't donate than charge for it. I donate every time I upgrade MAX.
      Bobby Parker
      www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
      • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by glorybound View Post
        Yes, instead of complaining people don't donate than charge for it. I donate every time I upgrade MAX.
        He clearly said that it was not about "people don't donate" at all.

Comment

Originally posted by gandhics View Post
          He clearly said that it was not about "people don't donate" at all.
          The front page of his site he said someone pissed him off because someone donated a cent.
          Bobby Parker
          www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
          • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

So someone pissed him off, so he'll just spread the hurt, nice......
            Jez

3DS Max 2023.3.4 | V-Ray 6.10.08 | Phoenix FD 4.40.00 | PD Player 64 1.0.7.32 | Forest Pack Pro 8.2.2 | RailClone 6.1.3

Asus X299 Sage (Bios 4001), i9-7980xe, 128Gb, 1TB m.2 OS, 2 x NVidia RTX 3090 FE

Comment

Maybe a bunch of us should approach him as a group and ask what it would take to have a version made for 2019 and split the cost?
              Cheers,
              -dave
              ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

Originally posted by Syclone1 View Post
                Maybe a bunch of us should approach him as a group and ask what it would take to have a version made for 2019 and split the cost?
                Count me in! We kind of did that for 2018 and he came through. A bunch of us donated.
                Bobby Parker
                www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

I'd be interested in the 2016 version. But would certainly donate to help the rest of you with a newer version.
                  Last edited by cheerioboy; 28-06-2018, 11:45 AM.
                  Brendan Coyle | www.brendancoyle.com

Comment

If u guys think this as "money" issue, you will never get back this plugins.
                    This was about the respect.

He has been contributing so much to max community and never ask money or anything.
                    All we needed to do was leave him alone.
                    But, I guess that is hard to do.

I can talk with him. But. it would not be the matter of cost.
                    And.. I hope he has not seen this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by glorybound View Post

Count me in! We kind of did that for 2018 and he came through. A bunch of us donated.
                      Count me in as well

Jez

Comment

I don't see anything in this thread that would offend. Personally, I have donated and I know many others who have too. Shame on the person who donated pennies and I can only assume that was a mistake. Heck, if you don't have money then don't donate anything. I can also assume he cares about the 3D community and if the money isn't the issue then maybe open source it so someone else can carry on.
                        Bobby Parker
                        www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                        • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Why the heck would he do that Bobby?

I personally understand that guy fully and some more donations would not change my mind if i was him.

Evidently he is sick and tired of the community.

I am selling some stuff on Gumroad and if its not free, people dont download it.
                          And if the do download it, its marked as "0+" so they can always pitch in with at least a bloody buck if they use it, but noway. We "sold" the free item like 500 times and the income is "0"

I hope he stands his ground and this will be a lesson learned for the spoiled community. Just my two cents and believe me, i need this plug too but i will have to use the GrowFX to do it.

Please anyone, who reads this, its my personal opinion and this should be taken generally...its not pointed towards anyone here.

Just my two cents...
                          Martin
                          http://www.pixelbox.cz

Comment

Originally posted by gandhics View Post
                            If u guys think this as "money" issue, you will never get back this plugins.
                            This was about the respect.

He has been contributing so much to max community and never ask money or anything.
                            All we needed to do was leave him alone.
                            But, I guess that is hard to do.

I can talk with him. But. it would not be the matter of cost.
                            And.. I hope he has not seen this thread.

Oh come on, this is about the money - Paypal offers many ways of 'donating'. He could have placed a drop down to allow amounts which'd be acceptable, eg $1, $2, $5, $10, $20, $50 etc.....

Selling stuff and donating things are different; 1) If you want this, this is the price as marked. 2) If you'd like this, here, take it and give what you can. You can only give 0.01 cent ? Here, have it for free. I hope things improve for you....

If this was all about respect, then he is showing none to the people who *have* paid him.

And if he is no longer updating his software, it'd be respectful to inform his *paying* audience that have 'donated'.

(like many of us, I'm constantly amazed at the free generosity of others on ScriptSpot).

Jez

Comment

Originally posted by PIXELBOX_SRO View Post
                              Why the heck would he do that Bobby?
                              I am not sure I understand. Why would I do what? I said that the penny donation was a mistake. If that person didn't have money to donate then that person wouldn't have given anything. This scenario is exactly why a lot of people don't support 3rd party plugins, the developer can drop support at any time and then they are left hanging. Personally, I got burnt a few years back, with a plugin, and I stopped buying plugins, except for the reputable ones.
                              Bobby Parker
                              www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                              • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X