curtains modeling for cloth animation...help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• curtains modeling for cloth animation...help needed

okey here's the thing I'm playing with curtains animation with simcloth but have problem. When I model curtains just like plane and face it normally to fornt so I can see faces and then giving them material with refracton, I can see shadows that curtains are generating but there's no shadows on curtans of objects behind them but... when I'm adding animation to it is very nice and fast. Now when I flip my curtains normals then I got shadows on them. To solve shadow problem I'm adding shell mod and now I got proper shadows and everything but animation...is slooooow really slow and offen I got crashes, it's so slow that there's no way I can do it.Does anyone have any tips what to do to achieve fast and correct curtains animation?
    Luke Szeflinski
    :: www.lukx.com cgi

when your talking about slow animation, are you referring to the simulation? I create the simulation without shell modifier and then add it afterwards...Its a modifier so you can turn it off at anytime and only turn it back on at rendertime...

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

yes, sorry I was referring to simulation. Oh and I didn't think that I could do it like this percydaman you're really DA MAN
      Luke Szeflinski

Comment

stop it your embarrasing me...hehe

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Now I got another question, is there anyway I can make my wind space warp blow only throught window opening? So when doing simulation it will know that there is a wall and winn can only go through window.
          Luke Szeflinski

Comment

yeah theres an option in the wind properties rollout for "sheltering" Check the box and make sure your wall or whatever is part of the rigid body collection...

Comment

Sheltering is in reactor, no? Cant remember seeing this in simcloth.
              Signing out,
              Christian

Comment

would it work to add the wall to the sim as a deflector?
                Eric Boer
                Dev

Comment

oh crap i wasn't paying attention... hehe not sure about simcloth...

Comment

hmm I'm testing it with reactor and can't make this shelter work. I have reactor cloth mod on my curtains, have reactor wind with shelter on, rigid body colletion with my wall in it and reactor cloth collection with my curtains in it and still even when I move curtains behind wall wind is hitting them.
                    Luke Szeflinski

Comment

and another question...did anyone tried to animate moving curtains? Is it possible to use incremental add or it have to be done frame by frame. any trics for this kind of thing? I was trying to render just curtains and ther rest of the scene as matte object just reciving shadows and generating gi but still it's rendering quite long.
                      Luke Szeflinski

Comment

shelter works okay for me...

Comment

MAX 6 FILE

http://myweb.cableone.net/amylenhart...rplayblast.zip

Comment

thanks percydaman...hmmm maybe it's because I'm using shell box as room.
                            Luke Szeflinski

Comment

Working...
                            X