Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3dsmax 2018: Select from scene question

Hi Max users,
    I'm seriuosly switching to 2018 and I'm facing difficulties with the Select from Scene window.
    My problem is this:
    with 3dsmax 2016 when I selected some objects and I open the Select from Scene window ( "H" shortcut) I can see the selected objects as highlighted but with 2018 not. I can't see what are the objects selected. I can't find an option in the Select from Scene window to enable/disable the highlighting.
    Any tips on this?

Where am I wrong?

thanks in advance

This is how it is now. I think this is because of the new UI. In 2019 its the same.
    German guy, sorry for my English.

Comment

Ok...I can't understand any good reason for this... so to understand what I've selected is there any other good tools?
      Scene explorer through layers could help a little bit on this but when youhave multiply objects inside multiple layers, it's really not so helpful anymore....

I'm feeling a bit old to say "oh my god!!" but really...what's the reason for this kind of changes?

I've just read now that I should be able to use the old style Select from Scene... I tried it...but how long it will be available this option.... I think I know the answer...

Comment

This is just another bullshit from Autodesk.... a real shame
        (Sorry for my bad english)

Comment

I believe there is no reason. It was reprogrammed, and they forgot to take care about this. Or they had problems implementing it in their new system and decided to drop it. I don't know, but you should complain to Autodesk.
          If you make a wish in their system to get this behavior back and post the link here you'd get my vote
          https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/3ds-max-ideas/idb-p/164
          Last edited by Ihno; 30-07-2018, 10:25 AM.
          German guy, sorry for my English.

Comment

here we go!
            https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/3ds-max-ideas/3ds-2018-quot-select-from-scene-quot-like-3ds-2016/idi-p/8164818

Comment

Try to turn off "Display Children"

Comment

Tried but it doesn't change the situation.
                I've seen that there is also "Advanced filter" but any rules to filter the selected.

Comment

Are you sure to turn off SE > Display menu > Display Children?
                  Are you in hierarchy mode?
                  it is working here.

Comment

gandhics i've tried again and it seems working now. Thanks for the tip

Comment

Working...
                    X