Max Update 2019.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jiri.Matys View Post
    I have max 2019.2 faster then 2018 in UI. For example when I switch from point to polygons or something, UI redraw much faster.
    I was running a test last night and I was getting a fair bit better VP performance compared to 2018. Im probably going to deploy 2019 in the next day or so when I can hopefully get a break between jobs.
    Cheers,
    -dave
    ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

2019 seems solid to me, just slow UI and the double clicking things in the UI is annoying
      Kind Regards,
      Morne

Comment

Originally posted by Syclone1 View Post
        Well thanks a lot guys. (tongue in cheek sarcasm) I was just about to pull the trigger and upgrade from 2018.(I Think Sp4) to 2019.2 but now hesitant reading all these problems...
        2019 is better than 2018 and 2017 for sure. 2019.2 working fine here (besides the usual small stuff). Vray Next DR, lic server, etc.
        www.studio2a.co

Comment

Originally posted by meanadam View Post

2019 is better than 2018 and 2017 for sure. 2019.2 working fine here (besides the usual small stuff). Vray Next DR, lic server, etc.
          Cool beans, thanks for the info Sir.
          Cheers,
          -dave
          ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

2019 is the most stable version of max... ever, possibly. And it was YOU ALL that made that possible by posting your bugs and issues in the forums and getting them logged. Please don't stop. Sometimes all it takes is enough clues on how to repro an issue to get it addressed, and so posting all the problems you find really helps. Kudos to Hagen in the forums for helping communicate the problems internally as well.

Comment

What about the exclude/include lists crash? Is this fixed? Max 2019.2 crashes every time I type something in exclude/include lists. One of the reasons I still don't use 2019.
              Aleksandar Mitov
              www.renarvisuals.com
              office@renarvisuals.com

3ds Max 2023.2.2 + Vray 6 Update 2.1
              AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core
              64GB DDR5
              GeForce RTX 3090 24GB + GPU Driver 551.86

Comment

That is a problem. I haven't updated yet so I didn't realize that was a new bug. In the middle of a big project right now and I don't update during projects if I can help it. Sorry to hear that.

Comment

Yes, I was just connecting to the forum on this subject, the Include and Exclude which no longer work. More precisely, it is impossible to make a selection from the Selection Set... Not very practical, so I name my objects with prefixes and select them by hand from the left column...

Comment

Working...
                  X