Polytrans vs PiXYZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polytrans vs PiXYZ

Does anyone have any experience with either of these programs? I use a lot of Inventor / SolidWorks models within 3ds max and am looking to get more efficient poly geometry, plus optimization for reduced poly counts for AR applications. Thoughts?

Thanks.
    David Anderson
    www.DavidAnderson.tv

Software:
    Windows 10 Pro
    3ds Max 2023.3 Update
    V-Ray GPU 6 Update 1

Hardware:
    Puget Systems
    TRX40 EATX
    AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3970X 32-Core 3.69GHz
    2X NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090
    128GB RAM

from Inventor, can't you just save DWG and import that into max?
    When you imported the DWG, the ProOptimizer can do wonders to reduce poly count
    Last edited by Morne; 01-10-2018, 09:52 AM.
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

Comment

the formats you could export from Rhino is huge...check out the trial version if you don't have a license.
      show me the money!!

Comment

SolidWoks to polygonmeshes? Independent from the file format you need a good mesher. I like MoI3d(.com), it allow me to create clean low poly meshes from my NURBS data.
        www.simulacrum.de ... visualization for designer and architects

Comment

3dsMax body objects can do most of what you want.
          You can set the tessellation for various parts, and mesh them after. 3dsMax Does a great job from the box. For extra flexibility, InstaLOD is great, expensive but great. I did tests with PiXYX and others also. If that's a situation that you are seeing multiple times, often, Npower is on the top of my list.
          Alain Blanchette
          www.pixistudio.com

Comment

I agree about Npower, I used that and polytrans for years but haven't used either in about 5 years as I can import solidworks straight in to 3dsmax and if I get a problem SW file I just ask to have it saved as a SAT file and it imports great. If you have to use a plugin though, as mentioned above and as I did at the beginning then Npower would probably be your best bet. Polytrans worked 'ok' when I was using it years ago but when I needed support I was greeted with what I felt like was a lot of arrogance and that is what pushed me to try Npower at the time and their support was top notch every time I needed it and very professional.
            Cheers,
            -dave
            ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

Working...
            X