Arch Viz Resolution?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arch Viz Resolution?

I'm just curious what people are providing as a standard resolution for Arch Viz stills? We have been producing 12mp images (4200x2800) for some time and as usual print companys are claiming it to be far to small for print. Just today a printer asked for the vector file of a rendering .
    Obviously larger renders take more resources and I don't want to be burning out 8K images unless necessary. So just looking to see were others are at with deliverable.

We're mostly doing 4961x3508 since our architect's presentations are almost always A3. It's extremely rare that we do anything above that, unless it's for a sign where they are building the houses.

Comment

This question comes up way too often. Without having more info, nobody can really answer that for you. We need to know what the images will be used for, because that makes a HUGE difference.
      That being said, typically most printers (not all, but an astounding large number of them) have no clue what they are talking about. Does this sound familiar: "Yes so you need that printed 10meter wide so you need to give me a source file 10m wide at 300dpi)

Kind Regards,
      Morne

Comment

I get that all the time. Often, it is the printer telling my client what is needed. usually, it is a 24x36 @ 300dpi. Topaz A.I. Gigapixel is my current solution. Instead of arguing, I give them what they want, which is one mammoth file that is too large for them to use. I’ll upload the file, send a link and I usually get an email, from my client, saying that it is too big for them to email their printer.
        Bobby Parker
        www.bobby-parker.com
        e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
        phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
        • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
        • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
        • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
        • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Working...
        X