Large Data Recovery and transfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Large Data Recovery and transfer

Im looking for what others use software to transfer large amounts of data from one hard drive to another? I have an older failing NAS and it has about 1.3 million files equaling about 8TB and Im looking for something reliable to transfer everything from the NAS to a new RAID array. I used to use a simple program called Folder Clone but its very old and very slow by todays standards. But the thing I loved about it was it kept all the proper time stamps on the files and folders and copied all files hidden, read only, system... I was looking at GS RichCopy 360 as an alternative but cant find much info and wanted to see what others used and if anyone has used RichCopy 360 or not?

Thanks in advance,
    -dave
    Cheers,
    -dave
    ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

I use teracopy but only use it for more 'simple' routines so no experience with that much data transferring.
    A.

---------------------
    www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Try Puresync. It saved me a few times.
      German guy, sorry for my English.

Comment

Excellent, Thank you very much guys! Ill look at them. If anyone else uses anything else please chime in as I have an OCD that I have to research the crap out of something before buying lol.

-dave
        Cheers,
        -dave
        ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

Hi Ihno Just a quick question, I was looking at Puresync and cant find info but does it maintain file and folder time stamps when it copies from source to target? I looked all over the official site but cant find the answer to my question. If it does I'm definitely going to give it a go.

Vizioen I did actually briefly try Teracopy but was oddly a bit confusing for me with it asking to choose an algorithm and I could only select actual folders and not the drives them selves.
          There is a crapload of folders on my source drive and was hoping to find something that I could for example copy two drives like 'copy D:\*.* to E:\*.* '
          Cheers,
          -dave

Comment

Working...
          X