No announcement yet.

Is Anyone Using a Cloud Based Workflow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Anyone Using a Cloud Based Workflow?

Hi,

Instead of replacing my ageing workstation we have taken the decision to trial an entirely cloud based workflow. So while the rest of the design and visualisation team are still using their workstations and the small render farm in our server room I've moved to the cloud.

My workstation is now an Azure NV6 and I have 4 x Azure F32s_v2 that I can use as a small render farm or connect to my workstation for up to 128 additional cores of distributed rendering. This experiment is still very much in its infancy so these specs will almost certainly change over the next few months.

What I would be really interested to know is if anyone else is using a similar setup? And what problems did you have that I am I likely to run into?

Cheers,

Dan
    Dan Brew

Good for you! I tried this years ago, but it was too expensive. I think I was paying $800 a month for a few mediocre machines. I am sure things have changed, so I look forward to hearing how it goes for you.
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Thanks Bobby, as I said it's very early days but hopefully I won't be running up a $800 bill every month.

We get a fairly decent discount on the pay-as-you-go price - roughly -49%. So my workstation costs $0.72 / hour and each render server costs about $1.50 / hour. I'm using my laptop for Office and AutoCAD with Adobe CC on both.So that cuts down on the need to start the VM.

Dan Brew

Comment

Working...
      X