Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allegorithmic joints Adobe

https://www.allegorithmic.com/blog/a...g-adobe-family
    Would be cool to get painter within the CC. Although, I think that won't happen anytime soon...
    But maybe..
    You’ll be seeing Substance and Adobe’s tools evolve together within the coming months and years,
    Could also mean they plan to make a Substanceshop frankenstein soft (god no!).
    Hopefully they don't destroy it with fancy 3d text tools
    Joking aside, they wrote that the dev team will stay.
    Last edited by Ihno; 23-01-2019, 09:47 AM.
    German guy, sorry for my English.

https://theblog.adobe.com/adobe-acqu...nce-3d-gaming/
    more info along with some 3d is important bla bla
    Our goal with Creative Cloud is to provide creators with all the tools they need for whatever story they choose to tell. Increasingly, stories are being told with 3D content.[...] We’re committed to ensuring that Creative Cloud customers have the tools they need to shape their creative vision in a future in which 3D content is increasingly important. I know that the addition of Allegorithmic will further that goal and I’m looking forward to sharing more details about how we’re incorporating Allegorithmic’s Substance tools into Creative Cloud over the coming months.
    That actually sounds as if it will be part of the creative cloud.
    Which for me (working in a company with over 100k revenue and have access to the CC already) seems to be good news.. as long as adobe won't raise their price.
    Last edited by Ihno; 23-01-2019, 09:47 AM.

Comment

terrible news....one more subscription.
      show me the money!!

Comment

its going to be bad IMO
        watch development basically stop, prices go up, best features cannibalized and 3d text toools added.

Comment

I hope they get full udim support working soon and at a point where I can still buy a full, non subscription version!

Comment

I don' t know. Watching the video it seems like ADOBE is getting into the 3D rendering space. It would be nice to remove UVW mapping from our 3D vocabulary. How about opening your 3D model in Photoshop and simply paint detail on it. It seems like a no-brainer. We haven't changed the way we textured something since we alll started 3D modeling.
            Bobby Parker
            www.bobby-parker.com
            e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
            phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
            • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
            • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
            • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
            • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

You can definitely get around uv mapping bobby, it's mainly the vfx asset and deformable character folks that'll have to stick with it - Disney tried something new with ptex where the mapping was just based on vertices but every time your model changed, it'd mess up your texturing.

Comment

I would like to pick, let's say a column, and open it up in PS to paint on in 3D. Saving it in PS will update the texture in 3DS MAX. You can have stamps, dirt sponges... That would be very intuitive.
                Bobby Parker
                www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

It's been done by a few things but you've always had to uv things so the maps can be burnt down to images. Substance has a bridge thingy that'll do the live link functionality, I think they also have something that reacts pretty much like the vray shader so you get a good preview in viewport!

Comment

Every time I ask about adding Substance to my workflow I am told not for architecture. Maybe I should check it out.
                    Bobby Parker
                    www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

They put the CEO of Allegorithmic into the position of leading their '3D initiative.'
                      https://medium.com/@sebastien.deguy/...t-7dd64ba1d1f1

That makes me hope the direction will be focused on actually usefull stuff instead of 3D text tools.
                      The word '3D initiative' makes me think the shopping tour in our territory isn't over yet. ... They'll probably need a DCC app.

I for my self hate the idea of integrating the substance suite in photoshop. Since they started the CC stuff PH starts 3x slower than before, I experience bugs and crashes which I never had before, and they added nothing useful.
                      I can't image how that would be done without compleaty mess up the UI.
                      I think they'll rebrand the substance apps and put them into the CC. And then they will gradually integrate photoshop tools in painter. Anything else just wouldn't make sense to me.

Edit: In the Allegorithmic forums (which is an ocean of tears right now) the officals say "substance is here to stay."
                      Last edited by Ihno; 23-01-2019, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Let's see ... I'm quite feared...I hope they will not finish like Macromedia....

Comment

Originally posted by bardo View Post
                          Let's see ... I'm quite feared...I hope they will not finish like Macromedia....
                          Macromedia was a competitor. There is nothing similar to the Substance packages under the belt of adobe.
                          The worst that can happen to the apps would be over simplification to uselessness in order to make 3d 'accessible' to 2d guys. This is my Biggest fear.
                          And I'm afraid the biggest part of the resources will be put in adoberize the ui instead of useful stuff like proper UDIM support.
                          Last edited by Ihno; 24-01-2019, 04:33 AM.

Comment

You're right but my POV is that the game development market is growing and in this area PS is not more the first option and I think that they lost some license due to this. If you have a full PBR workflow and you have to create from scratch some textures (procedurally generated with Designer or painted with Painter), PS is quite useless.
                            So, secure own sales area in the game industry was needed and they do it... now they can develop this market as they want....again...

Comment

The statement of intent is actually that they should help Adobe break into the 3d market.
                              It's a very long shot, albeit the allegorithmic guys aren't unprepared: they even have the PoC for a renderer, if the fact is little known.
                              As per anything else man-made, though, there's going to be a lot of hard work and perfect execution having to happen between now and then.
                              Good luck -but not TOO much- to them. ^^
                              Lele
                              Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
                              ----------------------
                              emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
                              The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Working...
                              X