No announcement yet.

chrome ball - need one badly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well the more i talk to people about this the more its obvious to me that we need to fisheye camera lens to do the hdri. Less pictures higher quality less blur.
    Dmitry Vinnik
    Silhouette Images Inc.
    ShowReel:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

Dmitry, yeah if you have the budget I would think it's always the better solution. Especially for non GI use.

Jujubee, I treat it just as I would a lens so there is little chance of it being scratched. I just wish I had a better camera with a greater tele lens.

--Jon

Comment

I found a plastic chrome christmas ornamet thats about 6" in diameter. But I think it has too much surface distortion to be usefull - I haven't tried it yet. I also found a set of chrome "ben-wa" balls for $4 that could be usefull. Those chinese mediation balls. But again, I haven't tried them out yet either.

Comment

You know Dynedain - ben-wa and meditation balls are somewhat different in purpose...
          LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
          HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
          Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

lol...that thought occurred to me as well...but decided to let sleeping dogs lie....

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Hehe...didn't know that..

The "Chinese meditation balls" I got are the same ones on the link Trapezium posted.

Comment

Percy, you kicked that dog and woke it up a while back :P

--Jon

Comment

NO comment :P

-dave
                  Cheers,
                  -dave
                  ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

much sadness at having to actually work today and missing many a chance at a cheap joke~

i managed to find one of those cheapo garden chrome spheres that has fairly low distortion, but it took a lot of sorting through the mess at 'Franks Nursery' most of them are mega ultra bumpy.

nice tip on the momentum98 site... thats one of the worst sites i've seen in a LONG time, and god save anyone who actually uses his unencrypted credit card cart
                    Dave Buchhofer. // Vsaiwrk

Comment

\Yeah I should have mentioned to call... Funny thing is that the attendant who helped me told me the whole story behind the website. Apparently it's a pretty sore subject among some of them so watch what you say if you're in a hurry

--Jon

Comment

Working...
                      X