• Show
Clear All

• Autodesk asimilates discreet

http://www.fxguide.com/article240.html&mode=nested

not to surprising though.

-dave
    Cheers,
    -dave
    ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Wow, no matter how hard I try I can't imagine the Autodesk name as sexy, Discreet was cool.
    Eric Boer
    Dev

Comment

Ive allways had an issue with the discreet brand, almost sounded like they had something to hide but I do agree that its way sexier than Autodesk.

-dave
      Cheers,
      -dave
      ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

That explains 7.5

That expalins why they are including hair and fur with 7.5 release instead of 8. They need some good press. For me Discreet was always associated with the highest end film and television work - their is hardly a film product that isn't touched by the flame and inferno - I don't like the fact that 3ds will no longer be associated with that
        I don't know I don't like it one bit - I do get upset by change, but is sounds like they are getting ready to offload something maybe sell the Discreet end - Autodesk Media and Entertainment just sounds terrible even an abreviation is bad AME !! They need to shorten things to improve the image, not make them longer sexy names are always short, powerful and easy to remember.

Comment

I don't care about the name as long as they will do a good job and create good tool.
          Luke Szeflinski
          :: www.lukx.com cgi

Comment

totally agree w/ lukx.....who cares about the name..

Actully a couple weeks ago we had a conference with the 3ds max product manager, and he talked to us more about that integreation.

they say that it's actually gonna be easier for the consumer having it all under one roof and dev team. The are reworking some of their internal workflows because of this change, and streamlining some of their processes. I think it is a good thing.....and max will still be max....designed for different markets in mind...from film to games to arch viz and all that stuff, so just because the company name is different it doesn't mean that it changes the program. He (3ds manager) said that they are still working on max as discreet did before, with similar goals and implementations in mind, but with more streamlined processes....

Also anothe thing that came out of it, is a better integreation between all the different Autodesk products and max itself.....so they are working on that pretty hard, according to him.

so all in all I think it's a good change.

paul.

Comment

Originally posted by cocolas
              reworking some of their internal workflows because of this change, and streamlining some of their processes
              This is marketing-speak for "we are laying off people to improve our profit margins"

Comment

hehehe......that was kind of my slight suspition as well......it's spring....and a "cleaning" is due

paul.

PS: I also asked him if there is a chance in the future of ever integrating some of the other 3rd party renders like BR or vray in max....kinda like mentalray is.
                He said at this point there aren't any plans for that.....also because max depends quite heavily on the mentalray technologies.....even beyond the render and shader themselfs......

Comment

Working...
                X