Who has seen Robots (the movie)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who has seen Robots (the movie)

I just got back from seeing it. And all i can say is WOW. There is some brilliant 3D!!!!

Anyone else seen it?? What were your thoughts?

i just got home from seeing it too. was really good

---------------------------------------------------
    MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
    stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Haven't seen it yet but the screens look spectacular. Looks like BlueSky has some job openings...:

http://www.blueskystudios.com/content/index.php
      LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
      HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
      Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

Can I say I liked their metal shader

The story was pretty good, a nice mix of comedy and drama with a touch of action. I thought it was great that they showed Rodney being "born" and growing up some too. I don't see how Madagascar will be able to beat Robots this year it looks pretty funny but I don't know.

Anyone notice who the three talking watches were

Seriously though, The way the characters were rigged is insane. Must have been a nice change for them not to be dealing with hair or much fluid or cloth.

Incredibles was still much better and will probably be my favorite for quite some time though. Just got an autographed copy of it last week

--Jon

Comment

didn't see it yet, I heard it's a bit childish, more foucussed on really young audience?
          Aversis 3D | Download High Quality HDRI Maps | Vray Tutorials | Free Texture Maps

Comment

mmm i dunno about that.

Too me, i see it as being focused to the same markets as all the other popular 3d movies...shrek1/2, toy story 1/2...etc...etc... Even the incredibles was aimed at kids.

But still great movies and very watchable. Im even going to see it again with a friend tomorrow.

Comment

Yeah but shrek and some others have jokes that go a bit further than a simple joke. Or like the simpsons, kids don't understand half of the jokes, but still it's a kids tv show. if you know what i mean...
              Aversis 3D | Download High Quality HDRI Maps | Vray Tutorials | Free Texture Maps

Comment

yeah, i know what you mean.

Still, great movie, great 3d. Go see it

Comment

I don't think kids would get some of the stuff in Robots or the Incredibles.

--Jon

Comment

i saw it with my 4 year old son....he thought it was a little long...i thought it was amazing.

he loves iceage though as do i. But his alltime favorite is toystory 1/2

Comment

I´ve seen Robots too and i felt a bit disappointed. Fmo, it´s quite childish, with the same old stories u´ve seen a million times before, the same plot twists u are expecting to see, underdeveloped characters (like the 2 "female" robots, absolutely pointless)... I dont mean I hate it because I laughed loud with some brilliant moments, but i guess the storyline could be polited. Do you think 3d films are reaching a "standard style" everyone in the industry wants to get? Is there any room out there for independent-different-whatever full feature films, apart from the big boys ones? Will we have to face the same plot of traditional 2d films, disguised as 3d super stylized-robotic-futuristic products? IMO 3d is not appealing for itself anymore, we need better screenplays! What do u think?
                      My Youtube VFX Channel - http://www.youtube.com/panthon
                      Sonata in motion - My first VFX short film made with VRAY. http://vimeo.com/1645673
                      Sunset Day - My upcoming VFX short: http://www.vimeo.com/2578420

Comment

Same Feeling here panthon.
                        The Renderings and the whole Style of the Movie was awesome but the Story was very poor and very forseeable (?) in my opinion. Also the Characters were somewhat flat, especially the womem. When i left the cinema i had a bit of that "Final Fantasy" Feeling if you know what i mean...

Disappointment for me.
                        Sascha Geddert
                        www.geddart.de

Comment

I guess it all depends on what mindset you go in with.

I wasnt expecting a great storyline such as incredibles or to some extent, shrek and toy story. I already gathered that from the trailers.
                          I went just to get a few laughs and admire the 3D, which was amazing to say the least.
                          So i guess thats why i enjoyed it so much, cause it was just what i was expecting.

Hehehe how funny was that little doorman creep

Comment

Working...
                          X