video footage for tracking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• video footage for tracking

anyone know of any websites that offer free good quality film footage that I can download for tracking purposes? Im trying to get a handle on this boujou program, and want to try as many types of footage as I can.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Basically anything should do. All you need to consider are, what are you tracking (an environment, or a moving object, both), as these will be separate processes. Mask out anything that moves in a way that counters the motion you're after (moving people in a room etc.). Make sure there is sufficient parallax going on in the footage so boujou can sense where the depth is, stay away from footage with too much motion blur and/or DOF. You should track footage of at least full pal / ntsc size, though slightly smaller works too. Boujou 2 had some issues sometimes if you fed it to high res footage, but this seems to be working properly in v.3. Also footage with zooming in or out is more difficult than regular free moving static lens shots, though v.3 handles zooms, it can be "fiddly" to get right. Obviously hd footage would be the best to track, or even scanned film, but I doubt you'll come across that uncompressed. Tracking can be a lot of fun, but can also make you want to smash something/someone
    Signing out,
    Christian

Comment

http://www.ssontech.com/download.htm

is this something that you are looking for?
      val valgardson
      http://www.photorealistic-rendering.com/

Comment

percydaman why boujou? why not syntheyes, it's cheapier.
        take a look at my topic on CGTalk about trackers.
        http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=214731
        Luke Szeflinski
        :: www.lukx.com cgi

Comment

I agree syntheyes is a great value and I would pick it over any of the lite trackers, but if it's not your money there are some nice features in boujou or pftrack.
          Eric Boer
          Dev

Comment

Originally posted by RErender
            [...]there are some nice features in boujou or pftrack.
            like?
            Luke Szeflinski
            :: www.lukx.com cgi

Comment

thanks for the help guys. The reason for boujou is that my company beta tested it aways back and I guess their just a little biased. BUT, we certainly have discussed the possibilites of alot of the cheaper versions. Which is exactly why Im starting with the expensive, and then moving on to the cheaper alternatives and seeing if they indeed are up to snuff.

Since Im just using the demos, the only tutorials/documentation I have access to is whatever they provide for the demo. Ill keep trackin... pun most definitely intended

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

like?
                Mostly i guess it is just that they are a little more polished and easier to get around in.
                Eric Boer
                Dev

Comment

im currently trying syntheyes. Seems like a nice program as well. Tried pfhoe but it just would crash on me every 2 secs. couldn't even load footage.

Comment

Percy,

Send me an email if you find any sites....i've been looking hardcore for about a week now. I have Syntheyes and i need more footage as well.

Check out

www.vfxtalk.com in the challenges section. Its all i have so far.

this is also interesting....but doesn't look like its operational just yet.

video.google.com
                    -----Dwayne D. Ellis-----

Comment

Have you guys seen this thread yet?

The site Skyros posted...

http://www.framepool.com/video/stock_film_search/

has great footage but there's a huge watermark on the examples. At first it may look like it wouldn't work but if you think about it, this could show the true power of these apps? if they can track through a little bit of value change then they must be working well. If not an option then you can probably cut some frames that have the motion on the edges.

--Jon

Comment

Working...
                      X