deadline adding servers to running job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deadline adding servers to running job

Ive always used creaky old backburner for rendering animations.

my new client is letting me use their machines for rendering, but they have deadline. one thing i cannot figure out how to do:

i submitted a test sequence last night, and assigned it to a group which consisted of just one machine, since the others were not set up correctly and would have given errors.

a few hours later, i set up a couple more machines, and wished to add them to the job which was rendering.

could i figure out how to do it? noooooo!

in backburner, right click on server, "add to selected job"

in deadline, a forest of dozens of sub-menus and absolutely nothing obvious. didnt even seem possible to add more than one server group to a job..

i might have been able to create a new server group with the servers i wanted in, then change server group that job used to that one.. but a) thats stupidly complex b) i wasnt sure if changing group would restart the job, since it was in the "job settings". and c) i dont wanna mess with their setup due to potentially messing something up.

also, for some reason, there seems precious litttle online discussion around deadline... is it not the industry standard?

Hi, I absolutely understand your frustration. Unfortunately Deadline is a little over-complicated for Archviz. That's why we going to launch the open beta of the Pulze Render Manager. For more info please visit: https://pulze.io/products/render-manager
    I hope you will like it

Comment

thanks for the pitch, but as mentioned i am using my client's farm, and they have deadline. im not going to shift them over to a new renderfarm manager, especially in the few days i have before my deadline. (p.s. job isnt arch vis)

i will however check out your software

Comment

Working...
      X