Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rocket exhaust

hi all

does anybody know a good tutorial for a rocket exhaust? important for me is the particle setup, the rest does afterburn...

best regards
    themaxxer
    Pixelschmiede GmbH
    www.pixelschmiede.ch

If you're using Afterburn, there should be a good example in the Afterburn Help files.
    LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
    HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
    Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

I think there was a tutorial like that for particleflow that had exhaust coming from missles.

-dave
      Cheers,
      -dave
      ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

or maybe your refering to the rocket exhaust of a large space shuttle on take off.

---------------------------------------------------
        MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
        stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

exately da_elf...! this is what I need.

thanks for your help
          Pixelschmiede GmbH
          www.pixelschmiede.ch

Comment

I think aura does it better then any afterburn...imho
            Dmitry Vinnik
            Silhouette Images Inc.
            ShowReel:
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
            https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

ok. since i seem to be good at clarifying things (sory i dont actually know how to help maxxer) but what he needs to know is how to do a particle system setup for the exhaust of a rocket on the takeoff pad when it goes outwards in rolling smoke across the ground etc. he knows already that he shall be usinf AB for the smoke shading and just needs to know about the particle setup. I would point to alan mcay who hangs out in #3dsmax on efnet of mirc and also wrote and recorded the tuts on particle systems on www.3dluvr.com he is known as machette on #3dsmax

MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with

Comment

seriously though, theres a decent particle flow tutorial involving some goofy yellow planes shooting teapots at each other found with max 6. Im just not sure if Afterburn will render particle flow particles.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

that might not simulate rocket exhause on take off. basically i think he is trying to recreate a shot like the two space ships taking off in armagedon. i think thats the one that used AB or deep impact. one of them did

Comment

I will show you what I'm looking for... da_elf is right.
                    I need this for a job I'm working on. Where I work I only have the scanline renderer, so the setup for lighting will be difficult.

best regards
                    themaxxer
                    Pixelschmiede GmbH
                    www.pixelschmiede.ch

Comment

At it's simplest, you could use a blizzard particle system with a "mesh" deflector for the launch pad and of course a wind space warp or two and a negative gravity space warp never hurt anyone....

Here's a quick and dirty test scene of the blizard system (max7 file):
                      http://www.jeffpatton.net/cg-post/blizard-blast-off.zip

Then of course if this simple type system wont work out for you...There's PFlow that you can really get fancy with.
                      - Jeff Patton -
                      http://jeffpatton.net/

Comment

Man, i did something like this ages ago, back when I did a 2 year 3d course.

Was also in scanline, basically using particles from the bottom fo the rocket, with a particle age map so that near the rocket it was orangy/yellowy/white kinda look then it went to gray for the exhaust, using particle ages we then put a gradiant map in for the white so that we were able to get a effects ID channel setup to add glow to the final render.
                        Was kind of convincing....back in the days of 3dsmax3 i think.
                        Hmm let me see if i can find the render... LOL

well i cant find the anim, but here is a render of it.
                        its "ok" hehehe

Comment

Working...
                        X