Help pricing a Job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help pricing a Job

I have no Idea what to charge for 800 sq ft Ice Cream parlor with three views in US dollars. Can someone give me a ball park figure as to what you would charge for something like this. I have included the Floor plan to allow you to see the space. I know a lot goes into figuring out what to charge a customer, so I'm just looking for a ball park figure just to get in the range as to what to charge. (Red Icons are the proposed views).

Thanks

I have no idea what the pricing is in the USA unfortunately. Depends a lot on what quality they are after and how detailed the parlor needs to be. I can see that it's a combination of exterior and interior, so no idea if you need to model the environment or if you're going to take photo's.
    A.

---------------------
    www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Depends on your quality of work and what they're willing to pay. In the US you could get quotes for that job anywhere between $1500 and $20,000.

Comment

I love these kinds of questions. I price a per diem, which is what I need to make per day to stay in business. I multiple how many days by my per diem. For me, if I am not making $500 day I am not making money. It would take me approxemly 5 days to complete the three-view (without having enough information it is just a guess). I hope this helps.
        Bobby Parker
        www.bobby-parker.com
        e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
        phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
        • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
        • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
        • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
        • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by gadzooks View Post
          I have no Idea what to charge for 800 sq ft Ice Cream parlor with three views in US dollars. Can someone give me a ball park figure as to what you would charge for something like this. I have included the Floor plan to allow you to see the space. I know a lot goes into figuring out what to charge a customer, so I'm just looking for a ball park figure just to get in the range as to what to charge. (Red Icons are the proposed views).

Thanks
          Can I ask why you have no idea ?
          Jez

------------------------------------
          3DS Max 2023.3.4 | V-Ray 6.10.08 | Phoenix FD 4.40.00 | PD Player 64 1.0.7.32 | Forest Pack Pro 8.2.2 | RailClone 6.1.3
          Windows 11 Pro 22H2 | NVidia Drivers 535.98 (Game Drivers)

Asus X299 Sage (Bios 4001), i9-7980xe, 128Gb, 1TB m.2 OS, 2 x NVidia RTX 3090 FE
          ---- Updated 06/09/23 -------

Comment

Thanks everyone!

I love these kinds of questions. I price a per diem, which is what I need to make per day to stay in business. I multiple how many days by my per diem. For me, if I am not making $500 day I am not making money. It would take me approxemly 5 days to complete the three-view (without having enough information it is just a guess). I hope this helps.
            So Bobby based off your formula it would be around $2,500 USD. Which sounds very reasonable. The client sent me inspirational images the designer likes as well as light fixtures, which I cant find on Turbo Squid or CG Trader or other sites so i Will have to end up modeling them. I was thinking around $600 USD for the job so I was WAY OFF! I'm glad I asked.

Can I ask why you have no idea ?

I have not done a rendering for a client in over 10 years. This will be a side job ( what we call it in the states) outside of my regular job, done after hours.
            Last edited by gadzooks; 09-08-2019, 07:21 AM.

Comment

Yeah, $600 a day would be more like it. I would quote per piece for custom modeling. I had a client yesterday send me a dozen images of furniture and fixtures. I sent back a quote with a message that I can find something similar if that helps with their budget. They said that something similar would be fine.

When you figure out your price, you have to figure in taxes (30%), retirement (6%), vacation and health also has to be accounted for. I see some of these prices and it is obvious, they are not a business and I think clients see the same thing. If the client doesn't care if you can't afford to live off of what they are paying, you don't want that kind of client. $600 for three weeks of worth means you are working for $4 an hour, which is far beyond poverty here in the states. You can be a people greater at Walmart for $17 an hour, which includes health, vacation, and sick pay. Yes, you can sit on a stool saying hello for $17 an hour.
              Bobby Parker
              www.bobby-parker.com
              e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
              phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
              • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
              • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
              • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
              • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

3-5k AUD per image

Comment

Thanks everyone! Bobby thank you for your insight, much appreciated!

Comment

Working...
                  X