Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Texture Bake Bercontile and Multitexture???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texture Bake Bercontile and Multitexture???

Hi guys

Anybody have a solid step by step workflow (or script), to texture bake bricks (made from bercontile and multitexture)?

Kind Regards,
    Morne

Baking is perhaps the wrong terminology. I just want to flatten the textures into PNG's.
    Baking materials to specific objects is a totally different thing

Typically we have large spaces, imagine a 300metre X 100metre floor space. Baking that texture to the object will need to result in a HUUUUUUGE texture to cover the entire object while preserving the detail and quality up close.

So I just want something to flatten the bercon into a 10metre X 10metre texture of say no larger than 8K textures, that can be tile-able over large surfaces. I could just stick it on a plane and render the plane from above and extract the render elements from that, but that's a very inefficient workflow. Imagine having to do that for 10 or 20 textures in a scene, that's just nuts!
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

Comment

I used to do it like that. Then I bought this and never looked back : https://www.vizpark.com/shop/omnitiles-standalone/

It's the standalone so no procedural textures like the Max version (which was extremely slow).
      A.

---------------------
      www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

We don't really want to spend any money, but at least OmniTiles standalone is a lot cheaper than a yearly substance or quixel subscription....
        Kind Regards,
        Morne

Comment

Well if you count the hours you will lose, trying to do it with bercontile and multitexture or crossmap or whatnot it will cost you money too . I'm lucky I bought it when it was in beta and fairly cheap and used a coupon I had from buying some other stuff, only cost me 15$ I think.
          A.

---------------------
          www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Working...
          X