Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D2

Is anybody from here going?

We have a group from DBOX going. normally always see a thread on here about these but haven't heard a peep and it's next week.

The forum is all but dead, unfortunately.
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Where did people go?
      __
      https://surfaceimperfections.com/

Comment

I think over to Corona.
        Bobby Parker
        www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
        • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

What is D2?

Comment

glorybound here? Because the activity level over there is about the same I think.

gadzooks Conference in Vienna
            __
            https://surfaceimperfections.com/

Comment

I am going to D2
              Anyone up for a beer just add me on FB as "Martin Zmeskal" / Pixelbox s.r.o. and send me a message
              Martin
              http://www.pixelbox.cz

Comment

Then the question remains, where did everyone go? Have we all mastered V-Ray? Is the site too cumbersome now?
                Bobby Parker
                www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

We got older and do not sit in front of computer unless we must Probably Vray is so bullet proof now that there is rare to look for answers.
                  Best Regards

Tomek

Portfolio: http://dtown.pl/

Comment

There was a lot of sharing of work, so that shouldn't have stopped. I think the website change caused a lot of people leaving. Since then you couldn't subscribe to a board, so you might have to scroll through 4-5 pages to get to a topic of interests. As we know, people don't scroll past the first page. Also, phone and tablet apps stopped working on the new website. Also, personally, I notice a different spirit here, too. Asking a question got you scolded and put in a corner with a dunce hat. Just my opinion.
                    Bobby Parker
                    www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

I thinks it forums is general that are in decline, I visit a few forums and all of them are getting quieter. I think there are a lot of lurkers and fewer contributes.
                      In general there is a feeling that trolls and spammers have hurt too many conversations and people just not as engaged these days to be bothered to wade through pages of troll $hit.

Comment

Thing is that forum admins in general take their jobs a little loose ... no wonder, many times theyre not even getting payed for it. People are not getring locked, banned etc. Too much democracy and liberal flow hurt the internet. I dare to read any discussions under articles in general. Its always one big mess and the conversations quickly turn into pile of bullshit.......but i have to say i really miss all those constructive discussions here
                        Last edited by PIXELBOX_SRO; 26-08-2019, 08:04 AM.
                        Martin
                        http://www.pixelbox.cz

Comment

Hey Neilg and glorybound i'm with you and also sad when it comes to the forum activity topic.
                          As i have no facebook i thought everybody there now huh? Ironically i was about to open up a thread regarding D2.

As your thread already has the naming D2 i'm just posting in here i guess. It's also kind of related to what i want to post.

As i'm actually coming back from the D2, i can say it was a great convention and a very fun weekend in vienna.
                          Fabio and Jason did a hell of great job with a new larger venue, cool speakers and open arms community.
                          It's getting bigger every year so if you can i really can recommend you to join next year!

I just want to give out a big thank you for all the nice chats i had with the chaos group people who had been there.
                          It's always a pleasure to talk and meet you in person and what you had shown us. Svetlovar and crew thx!

Regarding the forum activity i also wondered if it changed over the years
                          but for me sitting on my lonely desk as a one man show, i can't underline it enough how important forums like this, especially this one, is for people like me!

That is also a reason for me, leaving my desk and really traveling to those conventions to still get that exchange of information and find like-minded friends in that industry,
                          i will definetly keep that up in the future!

Let's meet in real life my vray friends haha!
                          Love u all - will keep posting whatever comes...
                          OLIKA
                          www.olika.de

Comment

I follow Fabio, so I look forward to hearing about D2 this year. I truly valued V-Ray because if the forum, it was unlike any other. In the beginning, it helped justify the cost of V-Ray (I have learned that it is the best engine), since it has always been much more expensive than the others. We started complaining about the forum almost immediately and it hasn't been addressed, so it makes me think the client is no longer the priority. Once this happens, the end is near. The forum also became a place you could no longer have an opinion, which is detrimental to an open forum.
                            Bobby Parker
                            www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                            • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

There are currently 26404 users online. 246 members and 26158 guests.

It may be they do not want to talk to you, specifically?
                              Jokes aside, the knowledge is all in the forum, which is Google indexed now, and it's clear a large part of the active users like it enough to just read it, instead of asking the same answered question over and over again.
                              Meaning that without the need to ask in here (as opposed to asking Google directly), the amount of action is bound to be (much) lower than it used to be.
                              Last edited by ^Lele^; 26-08-2019, 09:31 AM.
                              Lele
                              Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
                              ----------------------
                              emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
                              The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Working...
                              X