automatically rename and reassign textures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• automatically rename and reassign textures

ive recieved a file with thousands of objects with unique materials. each has a bitmap applied. they are in dozens of folders.

im going through attaching stuff together, and id like to copy all the bitmaps to a single folder. Unfortunately there are many,many bitmaps with the same name, despite being different images.

im obviously not going to manually go through 3763 bitmaps, finding the duplicates, renaming and reassigning.

i can use a file renamer to rename the textures but then they would no longer be assigned.

is there a script or method to automatically both rename the bitmap files and update them in the materials?

If I remember correctly, the Ranch farm checker will do that for you. Instead of submitting the resulting zip archive to their farm, just extract it to a new folder and you should have all your new bitmaps in tact and assigned

I'm not 100% sure on the duplicate filenames and I may be mistaken, but I seem to remember it does handle that also (worth a check) (It automatically renames stuff also)
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

Comment

pixamoon tracking/resizing script does all i need. i actually bought it years ago and forgot all about it.

Comment

Working...
      X