Migrating Asset Directories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Migrating Asset Directories

I have multiple asset directories. For instance models on server G:/models and others on server H:/models. I would like to consolidate them all on server I:/_models - These models are scattered all over various scenes and contain thousands upon thousands of textures both absolute and relative to where they live on each server.

Has anyone run into this before? Easy enough moving them all into a new directory, but lets say I have a scene with 100 models from both the old directories and several thousand texture paths referring to G:/models and H:/models and need them all to link to I:/_models..... Without going through each path line by line

Thanks in advance for any help

theres various texture file repathing scripts out there, depending on what software you use. I had to repath vray proxies in maya, and bizarrely mayas own 'file path editor' made that easy. ( i still have to pinch myself) You still have to load the models up though and resave. As far as external batch editing, that presumably depends on if you can edit the file. In maya, if its saved as a '.ma' file you can do this.
    e: info@adriandenne.com
    w: www.adriandenne.com

Comment

Working...
    X