AutoHedge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AutoHedge

Anybody using it? I purchased it, but like AutoGrass, when I hit render my numbers are astronomical, so I can't use either. A render that takes about an hour sits at something crazy like 339:30:24est. Anybody else having this issue?
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Does it do something FP wont do?

Comment

No, but AutoGrass was my solution until I got Forest Pack Pro. AutoHedge is a one-click solution, like AutoGrass, for hedges. I asked about AutoGrass awhile back and the person who replied didn't have slow issues. I don't know if it is a CPU thing or what. AutoHedge is nice, so I would like to get this worked out.
      Bobby Parker
      www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
      • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

This is odd. My CPU's show maxed, but the graph shows 0% usage. My renderings are also standing still. This happens with AutoHedge and AutoGrass.

Bobby Parker
        www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
        • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Forget it, the 1 is off-screen.
          Bobby Parker
          www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
          • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

For hideges I have forestpack +raillone set up that is one click solution and works like charm with all the features that both support like color tinting, camera clipping, following ground surface... Etc
            I started from the included file with this tutorial I just did few adjustments like adjust the colors and density/scale then saved it
            Give it a try.
            ​​​​​https://www.itoosoft.com/tutorials/c...es-and-topiary
            -------------------------------------------------------------
            Simply, I love to put pixels together! Sounds easy right : ))
            Sketchbook-1 /Sketchbook-2 / Behance / Facebook

Comment

Yeah, I have a Multiscatter all set up for hedges that works. AutoHedge is kind of nice because you swap out between 1/2 dozen types. I found the problem wasn’t AutoHedge, it was RichScene.
              Bobby Parker
              www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
              • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Here are the AutoHedges. Basically, you drop in your AutoHedge and pick your shape, in this case, four boxes.

Bobby Parker
                www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Bobby, slightly off topic, but you, as an accomplished Architectural illustrator, how would you approach your scene above, if you didn't have it surrounded by trees both at the background and in the foreground (which throw lovely shadows across your house) ? In the UK, we cannot do things like that because most of our houses are not surrounded by so many trees.

Please can you give me your thoughts.

And sorry for hi-jacking this thread, off-topic, I know.
                  Jez

------------------------------------
                  3DS Max 2023.3.4 | V-Ray 6.10.08 | Phoenix FD 4.40.00 | PD Player 64 1.0.7.32 | Forest Pack Pro 8.2.2 | RailClone 6.1.3
                  Windows 11 Pro 22H2 | NVidia Drivers 535.98 (Game Drivers)

Asus X299 Sage (Bios 4001), i9-7980xe, 128Gb, 1TB m.2 OS, 2 x NVidia RTX 3090 FE
                  ---- Updated 06/09/23 -------

Comment

"accomplished Architectural illustrator", love it! I don't know since most of my work has trees. I just did one without and it looked a little dead.
                    Bobby Parker
                    www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by M.Max View Post
                      For hideges I have forestpack +raillone set up that is one click solution and works like charm with all the features that both support like color tinting, camera clipping, following ground surface... Etc
                      I started from the included file with this tutorial I just did few adjustments like adjust the colors and density/scale then saved it
                      Give it a try.
                      ​​​​​https://www.itoosoft.com/tutorials/c...es-and-topiary
                      I had looked at that tut but never noticed the attached model files. Good spot, thanks, and a useful time-saver
                      https://www.behance.net/bartgelin

Comment

Most of the ones I do - houses - look a bit shit tbh, as Jez is correct, they are in the uk and are what I call 'Noddy' houses. Awful dull architecture on tiny plots, surrounded by other awful houses, making for pleasing angles quite tough.
                        That's why I don't post them
                        I do add what I can in terms of other houses to reflect and trees where possible. Sometimes...actually often, I'm asked to lie/fudge and include things that are not there to make it look at least passable LOL.
                        Doesn't seem to bother anybody and most of the time I give them a massive image which is as good as possible and they take it and jpeg it to fuck and stick it on Zoopla as a thumbnail, making it a complete waste of time anyway. *sigh

Pays the bills
                        https://www.behance.net/bartgelin

Comment

People make fun of American architecture, but all the UK stuff looks the same to me.
                          Bobby Parker
                          www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                          • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

People make fun of American architecture, but all the UK stuff looks the same to me.
                            I agree Bobby. Just browse Archdaily web site and you will see crap all over the world. Bad design knows no borders!

Comment

Originally posted by JezUK View Post
                              Bobby, slightly off topic, but you, as an accomplished Architectural illustrator, how would you approach your scene above, if you didn't have it surrounded by trees both at the background and in the foreground (which throw lovely shadows across your house) ? In the UK, we cannot do things like that because most of our houses are not surrounded by so many trees.

Please can you give me your thoughts.

And sorry for hi-jacking this thread, off-topic, I know.

I started my career doing redrow house renderings. We used to keep the sun low - like an early / late afternoon winter position, tons of environment light to keep the shadows bright and then a tree off screen to cast shadows into the foreground. we couldnt put trees behind the house, but one low in behind the camera was always fine.
                              Good skies are essential - half your image is going to be sky. i've never seen a sky for sale as appropriate as the ones we were able to photograph ourselves for those jobs. let that guide everything.

Comment

Working...
                              X