Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Task Scheduler does not interact with desktop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Task Scheduler does not interact with desktop?

Hi,

Been trying to figuer out how to automate the renderfarm systems to start BB server on system start up in the event of a power cut close to a deadline. However Although this has not been a problem the server does not run on the desktop once the system is logged in despite entering the correct user/password in the run as box and checking the interact with desktop andur the services section?

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get it to show on the desktop?

thanks

why do you need it to show on the desktop? Just install it as a service (check the help file).
    Alternately, skip the silly scheduled task bit and just drop a shortcut to the server application in your startup folder in the start menu, that way the server always starts when the machine boots (though you need to log in first). Running it as a service is your best bet, but remember to assign the service administrator rights, or you'll have problems.
    Signing out,
    Christian

Comment

Thanks Christian,

The reason I need it to be able to interact is so that users can check progress etc when sending to render farm. I presume installing as a service will give me the same interactivity as a schedualled task which currently works well bar the interactivity. I'm starting to think that this will not be possible if I want it launched at system start.

Comment

Why don't you use the monitor application that comes with backburner to check on progress?
        Signing out,
        Christian

Comment

because it doesn't show you the vfb.

Comment

True, it doesn't, but then again you can just view what ever picture it has saved to disk.
            Signing out,
            Christian

Comment

Working...
            X