Motiva Layama - getting started with VR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motiva Layama - getting started with VR

Does anyone know what camera Layama is happiest with? Physical cam (non-targeted)? Dome Camera? How should they be placed?

https://www.motivacg.com/layama/

https://www.ronenbekerman.com/layama...ool-by-motiva/

Thanks

Dave
    David Anderson
    www.DavidAnderson.tv

Software:
    Windows 10 Pro
    3ds Max 2023.3 Update
    V-Ray GPU 6 Update 1

Hardware:
    Puget Systems
    TRX40 EATX
    AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3970X 32-Core 3.69GHz
    2X NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090
    128GB RAM

Havent checked the specs, but from the resulting pano/"VR", it looks very much similar to what you would get from Everpano to me. So KRPano can do this with depth maps, or you can use Everpano (which uses krpano behind the scenes) to create similar things.

Good to see more options coming out for depth maps and "VR/Pano" clone type of "tours"
    Last edited by Morne; 03-03-2020, 06:21 AM.
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

Comment

Originally posted by Morne View Post
      Havent checked the specs, but from the resulting pano/"VR", it looks very much similar to what you would get from Everpano to me. So KRPano can do this with depth maps, or you can use Everpano (which uses krpano behind the scenes) to create similar things.

Good to see more options coming out for depth maps and "VR/Pano" clone type of "tours"
      Cannot agree with these. These 3 are all completely different.
      Layama uses actual low poly 3D model with mapping the pano as a texture.
      Everpano uses interpolation of panorama to simulate 3D (note the change in objects when you move)
      and KRPano uses camera mapping on a custom low poly model, thus the textures looking weird behind columns and etc.
      Available for remote work.
      My LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/olegbudeanu/

Comment

Originally posted by Oleg_Budeanu View Post

Layama uses actual low poly 3D model with mapping the pano as a texture.

and KRPano uses camera mapping on a custom low poly model,
        can you explain how these are different? to me you said the exact same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Oleg_Budeanu View Post

...Layama uses actual low poly 3D model with mapping the pano as a texture....
          Hmmm, I thought Layama uses the depth information rendered with the panorama to "pull" the image apart in 3D to generate a better 3D experience, It's the same tech that's behind Colimo. If it was a mapped 3D model only, you wouldn't see the fading. But I can be mistaken.

Comment

Originally posted by Neilg View Post

can you explain how these are different? to me you said the exact same thing.
            My apologies.
            I thought you are using actual very low poly 3d scene for Layama, but it uses the same technique as KRPano.
            I thought that Layama is more like Matterport - which has way better effect, because of using actual textured 3d scene, but I am mistaken.
            Available for remote work.
            My LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/olegbudeanu/

Comment

They are all the same thing essentially, including Matterport
              Kind Regards,
              Morne

Comment

You called Candyman 3 times and here I am!
                But for briefing: I don't know the internals of the other software packages, but I'm pretty sure that everyone shares the same basis but with different approaches.

Probably the biggest difference between Layama and others is the provided super-simplified workflow (take a look at the tutorials).

If you have any doubt just let me know!

Comment

Originally posted by Motiva View Post
                  You called Candyman 3 times and here I am!
                  But for briefing: I don't know the internals of the other software packages, but I'm pretty sure that everyone shares the same basis but with different approaches.

Probably the biggest difference between Layama and others is the provided super-simplified workflow (take a look at the tutorials).

If you have any doubt just let me know!
                  So how do you create the visible hotspots? From what I can tell, the hotspots are invisible, making the user click all over the place to try to find them.

Comment

Working...
                  X