Max 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Max 2021

Any plugins keeping you from migrating to MAX 2021? The big ones seem to be there, but have smaller critical plugins, not been 2021 ready? I am moving to V-Ray 5, so I thought it might be a good time to jump to MAX 2021, too.
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

I find 21 just better to use tbh, so moved a few weeks ago. Seems quicker and currently nothing I have needs any plugs not available, so all good.
    All down to what plugs you need I guess. Can always switch to another version to do certain stuff ofc
    I have issues with thunwrapper and with a few other bits so currently am doing a bit of back and forth.
    Just got 5 loaded too and it is so much quicker than yesterday's 21 and beta, so I am happy
    https://www.behance.net/bartgelin

Comment

Good to know. MAX 2020 is killing me with the slow interface. Opening the render setup takes 20 seconds, the material browser takes 10 seconds and then another 10 seconds for the swatches to load. I swear I waste an hour + a day waiting on dialog boxes to load. Merging anything also takes a good couple minutes.
      Bobby Parker
      www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
      • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

I'm liking 2021 a lot. The update that's due out with shift drag for extrude and inset is going to be handy.

Comment

21 loads quicker, saves quicker (I think) and is generally just snappier all round. 20 made me fairly angry; not good.
          The panel opening times are an irritation but it should only occur slowly the first time in a session from my experience. Still a ball-ache though.
          The double clicking thing still messes with my head but that's unlikely to have a fix for....what? 2 years...more? LOL

Comment

I read about the double-clicking issue, but I don't think I experienced that. What exactly is happening?
            Bobby Parker
            www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
            • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Hehe, well it's the render settings dialogue and elsewhere, where we have to remember to press everything twice in order for it to accept, i.e. it does not accept the first click....very irritating.

Comment

Odd... I don't get that.
                Bobby Parker
                www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by fixeighted View Post
                  Hehe, well it's the render settings dialogue and elsewhere, where we have to remember to press everything twice in order for it to accept, i.e. it does not accept the first click....very irritating.
                  Same - very annoying when I'm trying to tab between things and use enter to accept values, it'll often tab to the render button instead and fire off a frame >

Comment

I just read that ITOO doesn't work with V5, yet.
                    Bobby Parker
                    www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

They've got a version linked on the forums here! You can install a version and then download a file for forest and one for railclone that you put into the 3dsmax root. Working fine here.

Max 2021 + vray 5 here with railclone and forest.

Comment

Max2021 can use the same plugins as Max2020, no recompile necessary.
                        www.suurland.com
                        www.cg-source.com
                        www.hdri-locations.com

Comment

Using max 2021 the double clock issues seem to still remain. Vray 5 is working great so far. Forest Pack has a,version available for Vray5
                          mark f.
                          openrangeimaging.com

Max 2023.3.4 | Vray 6 update 2 | Win 10

Core i7 6950 | GeForce RTX 2060 | 64 G RAM

Comment

Originally posted by fixeighted View Post
                            I always have to press twice on the IPR button, but from what I remember its always been like that. Oddly I thought I heard someone say that was finally fixed (a Max issue I think) but clearly not.

Comment

I'm using 2021 and it's pretty solid so far.
                              I've heard that 2021.1 has some performance issues with modeling, so I haven't updated yet.
                              -------------------------------------------------------------
                              Simply, I love to put pixels together! Sounds easy right : ))
                              Sketchbook-1 /Sketchbook-2 / Behance / Facebook

Comment

Working...
                              X