V-Ray 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray 5

I just wanted to drop a note about how pleased I am with V-Ray 5. I didn't question upgrading because I have a lot of faith in the Chaos people and I am not disappointed. I planned years ago to go with a lot of cores to avoid the render node price, so I am not feeling that pain. The light mix is a no brainer and I am quickly wondering how I lived without it. VFB improvement are also great, too. The way I am using both is being able to quickly dial into my lights and adjusting the actual lights to match how it is looking in the VFB. Great job Chaos Group!
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Thanks Bobby!!! It means a lot to us when someone recognizes the hard work we do together!
    If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
    Chaos

Comment

In that case I just want to add I'm extremely happy as well, this was a truly great release. Keep up the good work!

Comment

Yeah, 5 is a great upgrade, and of course Chaos support is top notch as usual. Thanks.

Comment

The price increase, well worth it. I am producing images faster with 5, so it warrants the price increase to me.
          Bobby Parker
          www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
          • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

In what way are you producing them faster Bobby? Is it down to the lightmix or something else?

I'm finding that our renders seem to be cleaning up faster. At the same time I have now gotten into the habit of running the vrayscene convertor when the file is done to get rid of any old material settings and stuff from library objects and also having all the maps convert to vraybitmap. So not sure if its actual rendering speed, the file cleanup or both.

Haven't even gotten round to testing the lightmix! (Although it is similar to how i use ipr so curious how much effect it will have).

Comment

Yes, light mix. I dial in the lighting in the light mixer and then I tweak the actual lights to match. It is helping me get my lighting right quicker. I also like the materials, however, I am finding myself using the Sigershaders more. As far as speed overall of the renderer, I am not seeing much there.
              Bobby Parker
              www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
              • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

What is the status of SigerShaders, are they still considered slow to render?

Comment

People who don't own it complain a lot about them . Their last update was a little strange and I still don't know what I paid for. I'll be a little more inquisitive if they offer an upgrade again. I almost saw it as a last-ditch to make some money before V-Ray came out with their library.
                  Bobby Parker
                  www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                  • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

I can't wait for the Maya release
                    www.DanielBuck.net - www.My46Willys.com - www.33Chevy.net - www.DNSFail.com

Comment

Working...
                    X