More views

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More views

I have a client who wanted two views, I quoted and completed the project. In the end, one of their people requested the 3rd view and I said it'll cost X amount and if requested, I'll update the quote. He said yes, I updated the quote and rendered out the third view. I rendered out the third view before they accepted the quote because the powers to be were out of the office and wouldn't be back before the deadline. Now, the person in charge asked why I am charging for another view when I just moved the camera... really? There were more things to model, render times, and post-production. He went through the whole, "we want to keep working with you, but you billed us more than you quoted!". What would you do?
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Keep in mind, they will not get any images until I get paid, but I also want to be fair. I charged 1/2 for the 3rd view, which I thought was fair.
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Tell them to take it up with the person who asked for more work to be done. Not your problem really; they asked, you responded and gave what they wanted. If the quote was for 2 then why is a third deemed to be the same as 2? It's clearly not 2 but 3, so 3 is more than 2. Eejits
      Really, same old same old...I despair of people and their games.
      https://www.behance.net/bartgelin

Comment

I don't really charge per view, however, even if no other work was needed to be done, I get paid for my work. I would have charged less if it was on the original quote, but they wanted me to stop what I was doing and get them the third view, which to me is a rush job. It is like getting 100 headshots, paying for two, and complaining that the photographer isn't just giving me the other 98 for free.
        Bobby Parker
        www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
        • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Tell them that you okayed it with the guy who said yes, you went the extra mile to deliver that 3rd image as agreed with that guy and that's the position. You got on with it because of deadlines rather than wait to miss that and they got their 3rd image. It'd be lovely to work with them always as they've been a great client, and in future you'll make sure to agree in writing with him before proceed, but on this job, in this instance you got the job done as agreed for his colleague, you spent the extra time to achieve that and you'd like to be paid please.
          Jez

------------------------------------
          3DS Max 2023.3.4 | V-Ray 6.10.08 | Phoenix FD 4.40.00 | PD Player 64 1.0.7.32 | Forest Pack Pro 8.2.2 | RailClone 6.1.3
          Windows 11 Pro 22H2 | NVidia Drivers 535.98 (Game Drivers)

Asus X299 Sage (Bios 4001), i9-7980xe, 128Gb, 1TB m.2 OS, 2 x NVidia RTX 3090 FE
          ---- Updated 06/09/23 -------

Comment

Simply, I agree. Go with your instinct or people will get the idea you're a soft touch
            I give a great deal, so I want clients to be fair and trust me to not overcharge them. I don't - if some think I do then they can go elsewhere. Similarly you, or anyone, for that matter.
            As you rightly said, it's not simply 'changing the camera angle'....it's more than that most times and that creates work - therefore payment is required, barring pre-agreed circumstances etc.

Comment

And they had the audacity to say. "home much time could it have taken to rotate the camera, 30 seconds?" Needless to say, I didn't respond. This, my friends, is why you don't release your work until you get paid.
              Bobby Parker
              www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
              • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

As I said, eejits. The nerve!

Comment

Next time they ask for a quote you should charge them at least twice your rate. If they ask why you're charging more tell them it's because you'll have to deal with this kind of attitude:

Originally posted by glorybound View Post
                  "home much time could it have taken to rotate the camera, 30 seconds?"

Comment

its not obligatory for clients to live up to their stereotypes is it?
                    e: info@adriandenne.com
                    w: www.adriandenne.com

Comment

Yeah, that's exactly why when I quote projects - I try to cover all these things, giving price to almost any option/situation.
                      Available for remote work.
                      My LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/olegbudeanu/

Comment

Working...
                      X