Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reaction Manager

Using 7.5 on XP Pro Spk.2

Does anybody use the Reaction Controller - I am trying to a complicated but not insanely complicate scene - with beakers that need to run along a track and trip into a caldron. I have about 3 dummy's linked to one another and then linked to the a master path constrained dummy. Everything seems to work fine for the about 30 minutes of rigging and then it all goes to hell.

One possible reason is I have been using the Freeze Rotation during set-up maybe this is the reason of the bugs - any idea's or does anybody use this piece of 3ds at all.

Thanks

whats beakers and what caldron?

reaction manager is for driven animation not sure how you are using it or how everything breaks up from your explanation.
    Dmitry Vinnik
    Silhouette Images Inc.
    ShowReel:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

Deleting Dummy's and Custom Attributes

It seems as though I had developed corrupted dummy's and custom attributes from the crash. After restarting 3ds and opening the scene - if possible - I then had to delete the dummy's and custom attributes I was working with before the crash - otherwise it would crash again.

I have now way of posting things on this forum - otherwise I would send you a diagram to explain things a bit better. I am working on a game for a DVD menu (cannot say which project) The basic Scenario is 12 Beakers containing liquid traveling along an oval track. The user chooses two of the beakers and they empty into the larger container below. Because it is a game there are going to be alot of variations of both colored liquid and pour time. I am aiming to use the Reaction Controller to wire custom Attributes for each beaker. Then I can gather all the controls I need into one place and in theory animate more quickly.

If you use the Reaction Controller and find it reliable then, I know that the problems I am expriencing are minor and will continue plugging away.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X