Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DOF PRO for After Effects Officially Released

Hi gang!

Please forgive the shameless plug but this is 100% related to VRay and 3D rendering in general. If the mods prefer I post this elsewhere, please do let me know.

Richard Rosenman Advertising & Design is proud to announce the official release of DOF PRO for Adobe After Effects. This plugin has been in development for the past one and half years and I can say it almost killed me! It was a beast to create...

Click image for larger version

Name:	software_dofpro_ae_logo.jpg
Views:	780
Size:	321.9 KB
ID:	1089504

DOF PRO (Depth Of Field Generator PRO), the undisputed leader in photorealistic depth of field effects for Adobe Photoshop, is now available for Adobe After Effects.

DOF PRO Artists - Jason Lee

Name:	software_dofpro_artists01.jpg
Views:	616
Size:	293.1 KB
ID:	1089507

DOF PRO for After Effects Promo Video

Backed by over a decade of research and development since its first release in 2005, DOF PRO has become the industry’s professional choice for unparalleled and sophisticated depth of field effects quickly and efficiently as a post process. DOF PRO’s state-of-the-art featureset provides innovative and cutting-edge technology not available elsewhere, resulting in one of the most powerful and advanced depth of field processors in the industry.

DOF PRO for After Effects GUI

Name:	software_dofpro_ae_gui.png
Views:	599
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	1089505

DOF PRO harnesses the power of After Effects to provide sophisticated features such as chromatic / achromatic longitudinal and lateral aberration, focal plane bokeh differentiation, tangential and saggital astigmatism, catadioptric lens, optical vignetting, notched apertures, aperture textures, custom aperture maps, matte box, noise recovery and much, much more.

DOF PRO for After Effects Features
    CLICK HERE FOR FEATURE LIST IMAGE

DOF PRO for After Effects Overview Tutorial

DOF PRO for Adobe After Effects also provides features not currently existing in DOF PRO for Adobe Photoshop, including full alpha channel / transparency support, 32-bit floating point color support, accurate aperture display, iris array display, and more.

DOF PRO Artists - Left: Andrew Averkin, Right: Gijs de Zwart

Name:	software_dofpro_artists15.jpg
Views:	574
Size:	146.8 KB
ID:	1089506

DOF PRO has amassed an extensive global user-base spread across numerous 3D industries including architectural visualization, automotive rendering, industrial design, creative film and television production, product rendering, visual design and more.

Name:	software_dofpro_achromatic_aberration_watch.jpg
Views:	601
Size:	184.1 KB
ID:	1089508

DOF PRO is available for both Windows and Mac. For a detailed feature list, documentation, tutorials, galleries and a 100% free demo, please visit: DOF PRO for Adobe After Effects

-Richard
    Richard Rosenman
    Creative Director
    http://www.hatchstudios.com
    http://www.richardrosenman.com

Hi Richard, I've used your PS plugin many years ago and I still think is by far the best solution for DOF, unfortunately I'm not using it anymore since I'm on MacOS. Now I see you have the plugin for both Windows and Mac for AE, is there any chance you will port DOFPRO for PS on MacOS?
    3D Scenes, Shaders and Courses for V-ray and Corona
    NEW V-Ray 5 Metal Shader Bundle (C4D/Max): https://www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com/...ders-cinema4d/
    www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com
    @3drenderandbeyond on social media @3DRnB Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by sirio76 View Post
      Hi Richard, I've used your PS plugin many years ago and I still think is by far the best solution for DOF, unfortunately I'm not using it anymore since I'm on MacOS. Now I see you have the plugin for both Windows and Mac for AE, is there any chance you will port DOFPRO for PS on MacOS?
      Hi Sirio! Thanks for your comment.

Yes, DOF PRO for After Effects now exists as both Windows and Mac.

For the Photoshop version, unfortunately it's unlikely I'll be able to produce a Mac version. The reason is that the compiler I used for that is Windows only.

The only way for me to produce a Mac version is to recode it using the Adobe SDK which is doable but I'd have to learn it. For what it's worth, this new AE version supports some additional features the Photoshop one doesn't such as alpha channel / transparency support, 32-bit floating point color support, and more.

But I will look into it regardless.

Regards,
      -Rich
      Richard Rosenman
      Creative Director
      http://www.hatchstudios.com
      http://www.richardrosenman.com

Comment

Hi Richard,

We purchased the AE extension and I have to say it is amazing!
        We used frischluft or fast bokeh before and never had satisfying results.

Many thanks for this great solution!

Best,
        Hannes

Comment

Awesome. Would love to see this for Fusion. Perhaps OpenFX?

Comment

Hi Richard, quick question, i've tested your plugin and compared it to frischluft, aside from the fact that it is faster and more customizable i get the same result when i'm applying the Vray Zdepth channel(32bit full float exr) either filtered or unfiltered pass as source as i have always had with frischluft. Maybe you can provide a tip for this problem, i've been trying to avoid using DOF plugins in AE and made them directly from render most of the time, because of this issue. Maybe i have been doing the Zdepth pass wrong all this time or maybe
            Attached Files
            Last edited by andrei_lazar; 19-01-2021, 02:26 AM.
            https://www.behance.net/inafaracutiei

Comment

Working...
            X