PNG alpha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PNG alpha

A lot of graphics engines these days get the transparency for the whole material from the alpha of a PNG in the diffuse slot. I've imported a model that has hundreds of such materials, but of course they don't translate properly to any materials that Max has (or VRay for that matter). Is there a way that I can quickly assign the alpha of all these PNG files to the transparency of their respective materials?

Thanks.
    - Geoff

If they are all the same material type (vray material for example), then should be easy with a script. We use to do this with psd files, long time ago. Similar thing should work with png

if you want it to work for any material type, that will be little more tricky as script needs to take into account all the various material types
    (in scripting, the names for diffuse and opacity varies acrosss material types so you cant just use a blanket statement to affect all material types susch as scanline, vray, redshift, corona etc)

Little busy at the moment, but I can get something to you later tonight (unlesss somebody else gave you the script in the meantime)
    Last edited by Morne; 20-04-2021, 12:14 AM.
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

Comment

Working...
    X