Max 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Max 2022

Anyone using it in production? Any issues?
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

yep, I install it few days ago, and I have an issue with UI / Viewports performance with scene loaded , extremely slow , I try everything , QT environment variables , Studio driver , reset 3dsmax to factory settings , etc..
    I have a new comp, ryzen 5950x, 64GB RAM (3200), GTX2080 , everything else working fine ,
    same VGA was used with 2021 max and 2020 - and no performance issues in 3dsmax

Comment

I went 100% a few weeks ago and all is okay. I am still crashing, but not often. I used the new topo modifier, which was good but crashed a couple of times of use. My settings are not being saved, which is a known issue, but I was told was fixed in a hotfix, but not for me. Basically, it is 99.9% MAX 2001, so I am not sure if it is worth the upgrade if upgrading is a big deal for you (lots of machines). Side note... it isn't worth upgrading in cost, but as we know, that isn't an option anymore. We got that right stripped away from us.
      Bobby Parker
      www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
      • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

I found the issue - the performance lost was caused by bodyobjects in the scene now seams okay to work

Comment

Always seems to be something, hu? I struggled all day yesterday with a scene that crashed and now I can only merge, I can't open.
          Bobby Parker
          www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
          • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Have you try 2022.1? Preference issue was fixed in 2022.1.
            And the latest security tool?

The best way to solve is making a small scene that crash max for sure and log as defect.
            Or.. you could post the file here, too.

Comment

Originally posted by alex.nozadze View Post
              I found the issue - the performance lost was caused by bodyobjects in the scene now seams okay to work
              Only certain file or all body object?

Comment

Originally posted by gandhics View Post

Only certain file or all body object?
                guess all body objects if there a lot of them ( i got a lot of them from our product designer )

Comment

jus a quick tip to improve performance in viewports for max 2022
                  in active viewport setting by default setting are slowing down viewports, switching to DX increase significantly the performance

Comment

Working...
                  X