spring constraint, high frequency vibration.. how to fix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spring constraint, high frequency vibration.. how to fix

i was feeling very proud of myself, not having done really any character stuff before, and struggling with biped wierdness. . figuring out how set up a biped in a car, so the hands follow the steering wheel, and the biped COG is linked to a dummy, with a spring constraint on, linked to the car, meaning the character bounces round nicely when the car goes over bumps.

Looked pretty good in the viewport, even if the spring constraint settings i found very hard to tweak.

ive just done a test render, its a disaster, the character has some kind of cumulative high frequency vibration which is invisible in the viewport, but causes him to get increasingly blurred in the render as the sequence progresses due to motion blur. by the end of 300 frames he is totally out of focus!

anyone know a way to filter out high frequency movement from such a setup? or from motion blur?

my only thought at the moment is to bake out the spring constraint to keyframes then decimate them so i only have one key every few frames or something..

to be honest the spring constraint doesnt seem to give particularly convincing motion, with bounces where there shouldnt be any and some big bumps which dont seem to cause much reaction. i doubt i have it set up right..

Not sure how you are getting the character to blur unless you did what I just did, which was to convert the dummy's linked position to keyframes, when the blur appears to work correctly, as least in my
    simple version of the spring.
    Post a simplified scene and maybe that's easier to troubleshoot.
    https://www.behance.net/bartgelin

Comment

Hi , I sent you a PM!

Comment

Working...
      X