hercules or ACT plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hercules or ACT plugin

Im planing to by ACT or hercules muscle deformation plugin. Is there any one who have experienced need advice. Have tryed the ACT plug but the hercules demo is a real bitch. theire logo keeps popping up all the time and you cant save happy if someone could tell me some pros and cons.

_Daniel
    Daniel Westlund

Depending on what you are after as your result, I'm not really sure you want to go with act, as that is pretty overkill in most situations, and (was) prone to crashing. If youre after better deformation of your organic model (animal or human), you could actually settle for something relatively cheap like CAT-Muscle. This muscle system is more geared towards skinning than muscle dynamics, though stuff like bulging is possible. Havent tried hercules, nor seen it in action, but from what I have read, it seems to try to do a bit of what both act and cat muscle do. Before you make any decisions, I recomend you try them all out properly, to save you the frustration of buying rubbish software you cant use in a production environment, I.e set you character (the model you need the muscle system for) up properly in each of the packages. Hope you comment here after testing to give peeps like me some feedback on your experience.
    Signing out,
    Christian

Comment

I tryed the act plugin and liked it over hercules. the hercules one is bitch to try out cause it keeps popping info up all the time and it´s verry limited. Allso it seems like act is going to ad a skin system with it in a near future.
      Thanks for your help.

_Daniel
      Daniel Westlund

Comment

Working...
      X