LCD's Revisited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LCD's Revisited

I know this topic has been covered in this forum before, but the way technology changes I wanted to get some fresh opinions. I'm looking at purchasing 2 LCD monitors. I've been looking at Dell's 19 and 20 in. monitors. The one thing I see(or don't see) is the response rate of the 20 in. Is there anyone using the "UltraSharp 2001FP 20.1-inch Flat Panel LCD" That can give me any opinions on it?
    Keep in mind I've never worked on an LCD monitor, but a few numbers that jump out at me are:
    Image contrast ratio on the 20 in. is 400:1 and 19in. is 800:1
    And like I mentioned before there is nothing about response time, I've "heard" if you have a low response time you will get gohsting.
    Bret

I have two of them connected to a QuadroFX3400. I was jealous of a friend who had two of the larger Apple Cinema displays. Regarding the lower price and the specs of the FP2001 I am REALLY very happy/satisfied with my current setup. I also considered 2x FP2004 (1920x1200), but am glad I choose the smaller ones, because of the cheer width you have on your desktop. The maximum (eyes)distance of the LCD's should be no more then 100cm: at that distance two FP2004's can be a bit too wide if you mostly work on the two screens at the same time. Compared to a top-of-the-line LaCie CRT monitor brightness, contrast, colors and ghosting are really OK, unless you are a real freak or color proofer in a printing company...Specs:250cd/m2, 400:1, 16ms, TCO03

Comment

Working...
    X