Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3ds Max Tabs (multiple files open in 1 max instance?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3ds Max Tabs (multiple files open in 1 max instance?)

Hi,

Just came across this: https://www.3dtoall.com/maxtabs/ Anyone that uses this? I wonder how it works, does it open another Max instance in the background and just consolidates it to looking like one Max? If Max crashes, do all the tabs crash? So many questions. I contacted them but in the meantime, I thought I'd share with you guys. No trial, only 24 hour money back guarantee.
    A.

---------------------
    www.digitaltwins.be

So I have an answer:

Its the same max instance, it's just a different way to open/organize recent files, when you switch to a tab the max will be saved and if you come back the max will be open.

So not that handy as I thought.
    A.

---------------------
    www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

So let's say you have two 4 gb scenes opened, when you switch tab, it will save and close the file (about 2 minutes), then open the other 4 gb scene for another 2 minutes? If that's the case then it's completely unpractical. Plus the fact that it seems to be a plugin. Apart from Vray, Forest and Railclone, I dont buy/install/touch plugins anymore. Been burned too often...

Comment

Yeah not handy at all, although my scenes are quite optimized and rarely exceed 500MB, having multiple max instances open is a lot faster and easier. I just hoped for some magic I guess
        A.

---------------------
        www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Yeah, it did look promising from the video. And no trial isnt very good either. Thanks for the heads up!

Comment

Working...
          X