Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3dsmax curve editor.. slow down motion at keyframe.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3dsmax curve editor.. slow down motion at keyframe.

tweaking an animation here, something that has bugged me for ages:

there is a certain keyframe on some objects with bezier controllers on the x y and z.. manually tweaked handles to get the movement i want. now i need to simply slow down the motion at that point.

obviously i can go in and drag the handles of the keyframes so the curve is more horizontal at that point, but i have to do this seperately for x, y and z, on each object in turn, without messing up the motion too much.

in the curve editor we have "scale tangents" which is very useful, but it doesnt do what i want, as it makes the handles longer or shorter overall.

i want basically the same tool but to scale the bezier handles on all selected keyframes, only vertically. i.e. make them more or less horizontal. (or possibly i mean rotate the handles around the keyframe to be more or less horizontal... whichever messes up the curves less!)

seems an obvious feature, but i cant find it anywhere. the actual "scale" tool just moves all keys up or down relative to each other. i dont want my keys to move at all. i dont want to get into ease curves etc, its really un-intuitive. always seem to end up with my camera going backwards when i use that.

somebody care to blow me away with a keyboard shortcut or script ive never seen? doesnt appear to be much in the official help pages.
    Last edited by super gnu; 01-12-2022, 09:25 AM.

Have you tried using re-time feature?

Comment

Working...
    X