What Screen Res You running!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Screen Res You running!

I was wondering what everyone out there typicaly runs for the Screen Res.

I run mine at 3840 x 1440 over 2 21" CRT's "Man I wsh I had LCD's as work!

Thanks
    Mathew Everett
    http://www.lappymats.com

Phillipians 4:13
    "I can do all things, through Christ who strengthens me."

21" and 19" crts, running 1600x1200 each

Comment

Originally posted by Dynedain
      21" and 19" crts, running 1600x1200 each
      exact same here
      www.DanielBuck.net - www.My46Willys.com - www.33Chevy.net - www.DNSFail.com

Comment

i got dual lcs 19' with 1280x1024 (my personal) and love em, my eyes feel no more suffering from photon fired crt crap. I dont get face tan and etc etc etc
        Dmitry Vinnik
        Silhouette Images Inc.
        ShowReel:
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
        https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

well i wont exchange my crts for lcd´s anytime soon...havent seen one yet that had an up to par quality...and nope before you ask...i havent seen only cheap ones :P

running at 2560x1024 across 2 21" CRTs

Greetings,
          Thorsten

Comment

I got just one monitor ...I'm running 1900x1200. It's an Apple Cinema 23" and my video card is a Nvidia Quadro FX3000
            show me the money!!

Comment

Man I'm really behind the times. I have one 19" CRT running at 1280 X 1024.
              rpc212
              - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"DR or Die!"

Comment

Mathew Everett:
                woah, way to post a 2.9mb completely unnecessary picture

Back on topic, I run a 22" CRT @ 1600x1200

Comment

Originally posted by DaForce
                  Mathew Everett:
                  woah, way to post a 2.9mb completely unnecessary picture

Back on topic, I run a 22" CRT @ 1600x1200
                  what an sly way to pimp your work
                  www.DanielBuck.net - www.My46Willys.com - www.33Chevy.net - www.DNSFail.com

Comment

I'm using a LCD Dell 1905FP @ work, 1280x1024... I'm considering changing for my former Dell 21" P1130, that somebody took from me when was on vacations... Well, I like the new LCD, but miss the 1800x1440 res that had in the CRT. It is a great monitor, though.

At home I'm using 2x17" CRT, one @1280x1024 for workspace, and the other @ 1152x864, but it is a crappy one, with all the colors altered, that I got from a friend, and were I put all the toolbars.

I'm also considering buying another LCD to replace the crappy at home, maybe an 1905FP like I'm using at work, what do you think? Or should I save money to get a 2005W? It's 140 Euros more expensive here, and the space it takes at my desktop almost don't leave room for the other 17" CRT. But do you think it worths it?

Comment

I'm using twin Viewsonic 21" LCD's @ 1600x1200 each powered by an nVidia Quadro 4400...
                      Christopher Grant
                      Director of Visualization, HMC Architects
                      Portfolio, ChristopherGrant.com

Comment

I will be a very long time before you can do any serious color and lighting on LCD monitors. CRTs are still the say to go.

Comment

Originally posted by cpnichols
                          I will be a very long time before you can do any serious color and lighting on LCD monitors. CRTs are still the say to go.
                          Thats what I thought until I bought the Spyder2 Pro and got my lcd calibrated correctly. Now my little lcd puts my old 21" CRT to shame. The crt is so blurry and really lacks any contrast or depth, even after calibration.

I still use the crt for my main work, but I always slide images over to the 15" lcd to see how they are really looking.

But I don't know if I am ready to go dual lcd's, or just buy a new crt. I think sometimes its easy to identify lcd users by their images because quite frequently they turn out way too dark for crt users to view correctly. But in general, having good calibration has definitely made me a believer in the lcd.
                          Tim Nelson
                          timnelson3d.com

Comment

i also have a spyder 2pro, but am not ready to go full LCD. I have a 19" CRT and a 19" LCD.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Originally posted by timmatron
                              Originally posted by cpnichols
                              Thats what I thought until I bought the Spyder2 Pro and got my lcd calibrated correctly. Now my little lcd puts my old 21" CRT to shame. The crt is so blurry and really lacks any contrast or depth, even after calibration.
                              I don't think so, but maybe you are right. I tell you what. Open MAX, and go to preferences and set the gamma (according to max), with the gray box inside the stripped box. Then move your head just a little to the left and a little right. You will see that the gamma shifts radically. While your Spyder can calibrate your LCD for a dead on straight look at your monitor, can you garantee that that your head will be placed in front of your screen exactly that way?

Comment

Working...
                              X