Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

deadline failing where it previously worked.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deadline failing where it previously worked.

ive got deadline 10, and i use it quite regularly... very reliable after the initial confusing setup process.

on my current job i was asked to downgrade to vray5 to match the person i was working with.... i was also using forestpack 6.... deadline was fine.

due to some performance issues i convinced my client to allow me to upgrade back to vray6, and at the same time i upgraded to latest forestpack. testing in max, this didnt really help with performance to be honest, however i have continued refining the scene since then.

ive just tried submitting a new version of the same sequence to deadline, its erroring out with an unexpected exception "failed to open the max renderer"

ive looked in the log and it seems to be a failed plugin, although trying to parse the error log isnt particularly useful for a mere human like me.

any suggestions most appreciated.

just to note, bit of a schoolboy error... turns out, despite changing vray versions a few days ago, i hadnt actually restarted my machine since.... a restart and deadline is working again. phew.

Comment

Working...
    X