Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using CRT with LCD to double desktop?

Hi,

I have 1 19" CRT and am thinking of getting a LCD screen to replace the CRT as my main monitor and keep the CRT as my second monitor to use for menus and stuff in Max. Is this a good idea or should I save my money and get two identical LCDs?

Thanks for your help guys,
    rpc212
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"DR or Die!"

At work we have a few machines that are doing that, the colors and contrast are better on the LCD, so just keep any thing that needs to be colored or rendered correctly on the LCD monitor, keep tools and other things on the other if your CRT isn't as clear as the LCD.
    www.DanielBuck.net - www.My46Willys.com - www.33Chevy.net - www.DNSFail.com

Comment

Save money if your tight for now. Keep the older CRT as a secondary as you'll just be using mainly as a panel (Photoshop, Max, Dreamweaver, etc.) holder. If you're into show or got money to blow than two LCDs looks nice - that's about it.
      LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
      HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
      Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

carefull using two LCD's of different brands if you use the second display as colour reference while you work on the first. I had a second one which had VERY different colours and there wasnt much i could do about it

no problems now with 24 inch widescreen LCD from dell

Comment

It's sometimes good to have two off monitors though definitely run one with Adobe Gamma calibrated - most CRTs will be off this way and it is an important factor when designing for the web.
          LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
          HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
          Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

Working...
          X