Render node prices and the future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Render node prices and the future

Having been freelance for many years I'm seeing some big changes in direction in terms of applications and plugins used to create renders. I've spoken to a number of clients with Vray render farms that are thinking of switching just based on the fact that the render node licenses are so expensive. It didn't used to be like this in terms of costings per node and whilst I realise that business models adapt over time it seems like companies are really being hit hard or having to make descisions not to use Vray. I wonder if Chaosgroup might have shot themselves in the foot with this kind of pricing structure.

I'd love to hear from someone at Chaosgroup about this.
    Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

As a self employed I totally agree.

I'm still using V-Ray 5, because I don't have the money to upgrade. Everyone is asking me to work cheaper and cheaper while the demand get's more and more complex. 24 hour render times / frame are not uncommon, even if I reduce quality, which I'm not allowed to do - on contrary.

Today I have totally capable render node hardware stand by, but I don't have the money to buy more render node licenses for those. Maybe it's better to concentrate developing workflow towards fewer but better nodes.

Comment

Working...
    X