3DS Max 2024 Color Picker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3DS Max 2024 Color Picker

The color picker in Max 2024 has changed. It's driving me kind of mental. Below shows the old color picker form way back and thru to Max 2023 with the new One form Max 2024 below. I went into Customize>Preferences to try to change it but there is only one option "default color selector". Does anyone know a way to get the old simpler and better (imo) color picker back in Max 2024?

Click image for larger version

Name:	color-picker01.jpg
Views:	1521
Size:	152.9 KB
ID:	1182973
    mark f.
    openrangeimaging.com

Max 2023.3.4 | Vray 6 update 2 | Win 10

Core i7 6950 | GeForce RTX 2060 | 64 G RAM

Selecting the top buttons Scene or Display is confusing. Regardless of which is selected the spinners do not seem to work independent form each other. For instance, adjust value spinner and then saturation spinner get s changed also. Certain values will not stay put. Like Saturation will accept 188 and 255 but not anything in between. Or, far right column, type in 15 for value, the picker will not accept that and changes 15 to 21. WTF? Weird and frustrating.
    Last edited by OPEN_RANGE; 07-06-2023, 03:35 PM.
    mark f.
    openrangeimaging.com

Comment

I hate this too, it is good to have float values, but this screen and display stuff? It changes nearly every time I create a new material. My biggest problem is that I can't pick any colour outside the max UI! Before I just could open a picture and pick the colours from the opened picture, doesn`t work any mor, ok sometimes it works randomly.
      But unfortunately, I thing that is some think from Autodesk!
      www.dk-vision.de

Comment

It is a problem with max 2024. It does not work correctly with vray material or max standard material. Adesk is aware but when or if it gets fixed…..unknown. I reverted back to max 2023 because the problem makes 2024 unusable with vray.
        mark f.
        openrangeimaging.com

Comment

That's great, I skipped 2023! I don't want to go back to 2022!
          www.dk-vision.de

Comment

DKVISION OPEN_RANGE Alternatively, you can use the Corona Color Picker. It offers a lot more functionality and is user-friendly.

Comment

Originally posted by Dart_Design View Post
              DKVISION OPEN_RANGE Alternatively, you can use the Corona Color Picker. It offers a lot more functionality and is user-friendly.
              Hi. How do you enable the Corona color picker in max 2024? Thx!
              mark f.
              openrangeimaging.com

Comment

OPEN_RANGE Hi. Just install a demo of corona renderer and then start 3ds max->go to preferences->general tab->color selector-> choose Corona Improved Picker

Comment

Thanks. Last time I installed a corona demo I think it was to have a material convertor or some such thing. It was problematic going forward with error message's about missing dll’s or some such I kinda sorta remember.

For me, not worth the hassle. I will just use max 2023 until/if they get a color picker for max 2024 that works with vray. Sheeeesh!
                  mark f.
                  openrangeimaging.com

Comment

Originally posted by OPEN_RANGE View Post
                    Thanks. Last time I installed a corona demo I think it was to have a material convertor or some such thing. It was problematic going forward with error message's about missing dll’s or some such I kinda sorta remember.

For me, not worth the hassle. I will just use max 2023 until/if they get a color picker for max 2024 that works with vray. Sheeeesh!
                    as you wish Click image for larger version

Name:	coronaRenderer-color picker.jpg
Views:	1163
Size:	180.4 KB
ID:	1185109

Comment

That looks great. Maybe Chaos will see this and add something similar for vray. If I install a Corona demo, then once the demo expires……?
                      mark f.
                      openrangeimaging.com

Comment

That looks great. Maybe Chaos will see this and add something similar for vray. If I install a Corona demo, then once the demo expires……?
                        ...it will still there as bonus feature

Comment

Selecting the top buttons Scene or Display is confusing. Regardless of which is selected the spinners do not seem to work independent form each other. For instance, adjust value spinner and then saturation spinner get s changed also. Certain values will not stay put. Like Saturation will accept 188 and 255 but not anything in between. Or, far right column, type in 15 for value, the picker will not accept that and changes 15 to 21. WTF? Weird and frustrating.
                          I just came across this, it is driving me nuts, too!
                          For some unknown reason, I can not type in certain values. Color picker will accept 24 for example, but values of 25, 26, 27 are all reset to 24. 28 is the next value that will get accepted.
                          Open up the color picker again, and the value changed to 24. This is madness!
                          https://www.behance.net/Oliver_Kossatz

Comment

See this link. They say a fix is in process. https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/3ds-m...r/m-p/12184907
                            mark f.
                            openrangeimaging.com

Comment

I'm going to bump this!

I tried the Corona color picker, but it's the same issue for me as it was with the Max 2024 color picker.

Does anyone at Chaos know what's going on? And if it's a Max issue (which I guess it is) could you put pressure on Autodesk to fix a fundamental flaw?
                              Dean Punchard > Head of CGI at HUB

Comment

Working...
                              X