Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ECS ---Daughter Board?? With a CPU & Ram Sockets????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ECS ---Daughter Board?? With a CPU & Ram Sockets????

ECS has made a more advanced Daughter Board!.But wait, what the hell is that second socket doing there?!? Well ECS has managed to build themselves a fully stacked Intel board that can accommodate a daughterboard capable of running an AMD64 with dedicated RAM. Finally a solution for people out there with dual personalities that divide between AMD fan boy and Intel fan boy. And yes, it does support dual cores for both. We were told under good authority that the whole setup including the daughter board was likely to set us back about $250AU, not too bad for what you get. Of course it can't run both CPUs at once, probably because all life would stop instantaneously and every molecule in your body would explode at the speed of light. Still, with exception of the total plutonic reversal thing it sounds like this one could be an interesting piece of hardware.
    Thanks
    Mathew Everett
    http://www.lappymats.com

Phillipians 4:13
    "I can do all things, through Christ who strengthens me."

my gawd, thats the craziest and probably the dumbest thing Ive ever seen. Geez just choose one and live with it already...

I wouldn't pay $10 for that board....seriously....

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

ROFL, they should add that to SNAFU in the dictonary

-dave
      Cheers,
      -dave
      ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

I'm not suprised. Back in the days of the Pentium 200MHz (and earlier) you could buy a special PCI card called an "Orange Card" to put an Intel Processor into a Mac. It let you boot to Windows on a Mac without a virtual machine.

Comment

Working...
        X