Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Max's Extreme Slowdown

Hi,

This is not related to Vray, most likely. Just wanted to check if anyone else had similar problem.
    We work on big files anywhere from 50-500Mb. All of these files are Xrefs. Main scene file are basically Cameras and lighting. While these xref files are loading(which might take up to 10-15min) we open second session of Max and started working on another file.
    Now, every time Max is saving or opening a file, the whole system just locks up and it is impossible to work until save/opening is fully done. The feeling is the same as if all processors are working on 100% and it is impossible to take control. But when I check, only one core is working, the rest is idle. Can't even open Task manager! So much for OS.
    We cleaned up all files (script for removal note tracks, animated tracks and simmilar garbage), have a plenty of RAM, all PC are on fast SSD disks etc..
    Autodesk support was pretty much useless ("Install latest drivers, update to OS etc, which we already did and it didn't help).
    We are on Max2020 , Vray 6x, WIndows 10

Any ideas?
    Z.​

Yes this is an issue that a lot of us are having. It appears to be a max issue, rather than vray. You can follow a thread about it here: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/3ds-m...1470371/page/7
    James Burrell www.objektiv-j.com
    Visit my Patreon patreon.com/JamesBurrell

Comment

Thanks Pixelcon

Comment

Originally posted by zoranm View Post
        Thanks Pixelcon
        It will help us, if everyone that has these issues, report it to Autodesk (not on the forum, because they don't respond there). The more people report, the more pressure we put for them to solve it.
        A.

---------------------
        www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Heck, I want to undo without crashing in one instance of MAX! I dare not have two sessions open.
          Bobby Parker
          www.bobby-parker.com
          e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
          phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
          • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
          • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
          • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
          • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Wouldn't it be great if Autodesk rewrote 3DS Max to something totally up to date, the way 3D Studio R4 was re-written to be the 3DS Max with have to this day, since the early 90's....... One can only dream
            Jez

------------------------------------
            3DS Max 2023.3.4 | V-Ray 6.10.08 | Phoenix FD 4.40.00 | PD Player 64 1.0.7.32 | Forest Pack Pro 8.2.2 | RailClone 6.1.3
            Windows 11 Pro 22H2 | NVidia Drivers 535.98 (Game Drivers)

Asus X299 Sage (Bios 4001), i9-7980xe, 128Gb, 1TB m.2 OS, 2 x NVidia RTX 3090 FE
            ---- Updated 06/09/23 -------

Comment

Working...
            X