I can not even begin to voice my utter displeasure with corona 10-11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can not even begin to voice my utter displeasure with corona 10-11

Please get your act together chaos, between the sun system coming disconeted from the target, Ver 10+ no longer working with Phoenix, and the sun and sky system delivering completely different results between 9 and 10+, it has been utter chaos, pun intended, getting animations out the door without constant re-render.

This debacle has cost us a lot of money in the past couple of months. Until then we are migrating back to your last stable release which was Corona 9. We are running a business, not an R&D effort for choas group.

Ragards
    Jeff Grigsby

Hi Jeff,

We are very sorry to hear your frustration. Of course, any user feedback is valuable and important for us.

The issues you mentioned, are all solved and fixed in the recent release; sun target being disconnected was an unfortunate one, which was quickly fixed even in the daily builds, the environment map filtering (if you are referring to it) change, which was actually part of a bigger improvement, was quickly reverted, too, by user requests. It is just not clear what exactly you meant by "Ver 10+ no loner working with Phoenix". Corona does support Phoenix and you should be able to use it without any issues. Do you happen to have an old version of Phoenix? If you are having Phoenix and Corona specific issues, please submit a ticket at: https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/requests/new and Corona support will help you out shortly.

Another way to reach to Corona Support is via Corona Forums.

You are welcome to use any version of Corona you find fit, and we will, as always, be ready and happy to help you.​
    Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
    Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Thanks for the response, but we are in your latest 11.1 hotfix, and the problems persist. I am currently writing down bad frame numbers on a 90-second blinking animation and then re-rendering them in hopes of getting this out the door, 2 days late

And Corona 10 refused to render splash particles, and could not light cloud volumes properly, we had all the latest releases. I had to revert to 9 to get the fluid sim to render,

And Boy I would love to chat with you about Phoenix, you almost have a production-ready product that could be used in film applications, but never will due to lack of features.

1 add the ability to wedge the simulations across multiple machines, you do this with random seed values.
      2 create a native way to export to a .prt format for rendering in Krakatoa, or Houdini.

Do these two things and you might have a usable product. For now, I have to port everything through tyflow to get acceptable results to get your sims into Krakatoa. The splash shaders are a joke and the voxel rendering is dinosaur slow. I would be thrilled if you would, I have chatted with your support numerous times in the past and was assured that a random seed option woudl seeon be avaiolable, 2 years later I am still waiitng.

Jeff

Last edited by artistic_abello; 19-01-2024, 09:53 AM.

Comment

Thanks for your feedback:

In regards to Corona challenges:

1. Could you please confirm the specific versions of 3ds Max and
        Phoenix that you are currently using?

2. Regarding the bad frames in your 90-second animation, could you please describe what you mean by "bad"? Are there visible errors, artifacts, or other issues in these frames? If possible, sending us screenshots or a screen recording showcasing these problems would be incredibly helpful. This will allow us to pinpoint the issue more effectively and provide you a solution.

3. You mentioned that Corona 10 failed to render splash particles and light cloud volumes properly, and you had to revert to version 9 for fluid simulations. To address this, could you try using 3ds Max 2024.2, the latest version of Phoenix, and Corona 11 Hotfix 1? If the problem persists with these updated versions, please submit a support ticket with a detailed description of the issue, your scene file, and repro steps. This will help our team to replicate the issue on our end and work towards a solution promptly. You can
        submit your ticket here: https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

4. If you encounter any errors during your projects using Corona, you can get quick help from our support team by starting a ticket. Please describe your issue in detail, upload your scene file, and provide repro steps so our support team can offer a solution as soon as possible. You can upload your files for review at this secure link: https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

5. Additionally, you can use the Corona Forum to post your issue and get help from the Corona community. Our forum can be a valuable resource for help and solutions from other experienced users. You can visit the forum
        here: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?board=29.0

In regards to Phoenix feedback:

1. Distributable simulation is not supported at the moment, but we have it in our to-do list.
        Does Krakatoa or Houdini support distributable simulation by the way?

2. Phoenix have native support for Exporting .PRT Partilcles. Have you tried it? If you have any feedback we are interested to hear it.

You could post feature request on our Chaos Phoenix forum wishlist at https://forums.chaos.com/forum/phoen...ix-fd-wishlist

We are here to provide all the help you need. Looking forward to hearing back from you.​
        Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
        Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Working...
        X